Thread: Some news about SNEmulDS 0.5 beta

Blog Entries

NDS Some news about SNEmulDS 0.5 beta

Archeide posted this news:

It has been a long time i didn’t give any news, so here it is, some news about my progress. I have finally succeeded to improve sound in SNEmulDS. One part has been to work on the sound core (new APU timers, removed speed hacks, put back memory in fast EWRAM) and the other part has been to add a set of emulation hacks that you will be able to play with, thanks to the configuration file.

The way the sound is implemented in SNES emulators for DS bring some synchronisation problems that make sound garbled or make games not boot at all. I found some ways to improve synchronization, but each game need to be tunned differently. For the moment, i have found a way to have good sound with classic Square and Enix games : Chrono Trigger, Secret Of Mana 1, Final Fantasy VI (FFIII in USA/Europe) Terranigma, Illusion Of Gaia. I will let you find the best configuration for other games that have sound problems.

http://www.snemul.com/ds/

DCEmu Rookie

For those who havn't been following this, this emulator is coming along really well. It can emulate many games to near perfection, including sound. It even supports touch screen for some mouse games like mario paint and civilization. Archiede has done an awesome job thus far and has some great ideas for future versions, including lots of touch screen support.

Thread Information