Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review: extended battery for PlayStation Portable

Blog Entries

psp Review: extended battery for PlayStation Portable

The item is a new extended battery for the PSP from Blue Raven
    Technology, promising 8 to 15 hours of extra power. The exact
    amount of time is influenced by what type of game is being played or what other kind of PSP functions are being used.

The selling point, however, is the design. The battery comes as part of a rubberized, five-ounce half-shell that the PSP slips into easily, leaving the back of the device encased in a manner that offers a comfortable, balanced grip. It was a bit of a squeeze, but the enlarged PSP still fit into the zippered protective case I use (and which I would have been annoyed to give up).

Now, some quibbles: There’s just a single sheet of instructions for the battery, and that’s just a clumsily written installation guide.

Full Article

sweet! i really like this, i miht buy

This is a ridiculous review. His biggest complaint is the instructions? Because it only one sheet? Do you really need more than one sheet telling you how to clip a battery onto your PSP???

Perhaps the craziest part is where he assumes every user (or at least the average user) is too dimwitted to figure out that a battery "terminal" is the battery "pin". Maybe he had to hit up Websters Dictionary to figure that out, but I'm pretty sure most people either already know that or could figure it out based on context and the pictures provided on the instruction sheet.

Then if you actually read the whole article and the comments, someone points out that you have to remove it to change UMDs. Then he says, Thanks, you just added to the review with your comment. (Not a direct quote) What kind of reviewer leaves half the work to people reviewing his review?

Like another comment said on his site: Useless.

The review was not helpful.
    I wouldn't get this because it's so huge.

DCEmu Legend

I'll never get used to the idea of an "external" battery no matter how comfortable it may feel. That's just my opinion though.

SONY was able to give us the 20% increased capacity STAMINA battery so I would hope that SONY also develops at some point a 40 - 50 percent increased capacity STAMINA battery.

Or, and this may sound cynical, SONY designed the PSP with the 20% STAMINA battery all along but includes weaker, shorter life-span, and cheaper batteries with all of their PSP's confident that consumers would shell out $40 more for a better battery.

SONY seems to love their add-ons when it comes to the PSP. Perhaps this is another reason why the DS Lite is preferred by a lot of mobile gamers. The DS Lite has impressive battery life right out of the box.

If there is not going to be a hardware revision to the PSP anytime soon, I would appreciate it if SONY would continue R&D for longer lasting internal battery solutions.

Is the 2200mAh stamina battery any better than the original psp battery?

DCEmu Old Pro

One of the more practical external batteries I've seen. Maybe Sony will start using Lithium polymer batteries to improve battery life.

DCEmu Legend

psp 2200 mAh Stamina

Quote Originally Posted by taco111 View Post
    Is the 2200mAh stamina battery any better than the original psp battery?
    If you ask me, its loads better. Easily gives an extra 2 hours or so of life. It doesn't take long to fully charge.

I would say that the STAMINA battery is essential for any PSP homebrew user. Especially due to the frequent overclocking that happens with a lot of homebrew usage, i.e. POPS and other emulators.

I have the STAMINA battery in both of my PSP's and a brand new one still in package waiting for a shiny new silver-metallic PSP.

external batteries suck!!!!!!!!i wish for an internal with
    the same life...

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Psyberjock View Post

Then if you actually read the whole article and the comments, someone points out that you have to remove it to change UMDs. Then he says, Thanks, you just added to the review with your comment. (Not a direct quote) What kind of reviewer leaves half the work to people reviewing his review?
    Yea, that was me. I guess I have a short attention span when it comes to games, I usually play for at most a half an hour, then either take a break or switch games. Granted, most of what I play is on an emulator and does not actually require me to open my umd drive, but MOST psp owners don't have homebrew or emulators, so it was more in reference to them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information