Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Portable GameCube Advance A Reality ?

Blog Entries

GC Portable GameCube Advance A Reality ?

via gizmodo

At first glance, we thought the Portable GameCube Advance was the product of console miniaturizer Benjamin Heckendorn, who has shrunk some of our favorites into nearly portable packages.

But the Portable GameCube Advance is really the work of a random email tipster...surely not just a Photoshop rendition...but an entirely ready-to-go product complete with external OLED display and MP3 playback that will be in stores any day now.

In the case that this surely real product isn't real, look for Chinese OEM rip offs at a website near you.

yeah, I saw this one long time ago. I would like to get one of these handhelds!

Isnt this the same fake that appeared last year or so? looks like it

yeah the first picture is from that same fake from before but not the second pic - it is new-ish. obviously still rendered so i still say fake.
    i might add that oled tech is quite frankly $#@!e - well even if it does materialise i doubt ill be buying it. my mp3 player has oleds and the screen has a massive block of dead pixels 3 WEEKS after i bought it from JAPAN. so needless to say any warranty is out the window also. maybe i was unlucky but i do ear bad things about oleds.

DCEmu Newbie

With the miniscule size of the gamecube discs doesn't it stand to reason that this is eventually Nintendo's plan after all?

i bet it would be easy to make, after all they made a "wii laptop" remmember

DCEmu Newbie PrettyStupidPerson's Avatar

a wii laptop?????

i think you will find its a portable wii - and that it was made by a single person that has nothing to do with nintendo. but your point is still good - it can be done.
    i really would like to see a cheap version of that thats in those pictures because it does look extremly good.
    the only negative thing i would say is that the controls are layed out like the gamecube was - well it is supposed to be a portable gamecube but i think having the controls nearer the edges would make more sense should anyone decide to make this.

I'll tell you this much: If its real, I want it so badly. its true OLED is a new tech, but I've heard so many good things about it... I think they can do a good job with it

That looks awsome, I'd like to get it if it's real.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information