Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SNEmul v0.5 beta released - Snes Emulator for Nintendo DS

NDS SNEmulDS v0.5 beta released - Snes Emulator for Nintendo DS

New release from Archeide:

This version aims to improve in sound and graphics. As the emulation becomes more and more complex, it is more and more difficult to add new features without breaking the emulation overall, so some new feature will not be enabled by default for all games. The configuration file select which features are enabled or not, and becomes very important (so don’t forget to put it in the root directory!).

I tried very hard to improve sound, and i succeeded to get much better musics in some games, but there may still some “pops” or “cracks” sometimes, and the sound can slowdown or goes mad in some rare circumtances (the ARM7 seems not powerful enough).

A new menu has been added : the GFX config menu, this menu offer a simple way to change the GFX behaviour in real time. The emulation is not stopped like in the options menu, you can enable/disable several features and see which ones are better for the game. (See README for more informations)
    Here is the list of changes

* Changed the Sound timers, now the timers should be a bit more accurate and removed the timers hacks
    * Moved back the Sound RAM in the fast ARM7 RAM, removed unused code from ARM7 codes
    * Now support sprite address change during frame (limited to two addresses by frame), this makes Ogre Battle much more playable
    * Left handed people can now enjoy the SNES mouse option (right buttons can be used like left joypad).
    * Options can now be saved in configuration file
    * New SNES config menu
    * Fixed some bugs

Optionnal feature (enabled by configuration file):

* Added sound synchronisation fixes, this is a set of flags that make ARM9 slowdown or make ARM9 wait for the ARM7. Those options make Square games (and other games) sound much better, but also break sound in other games. So this option is available through the configuration file. I only changed for the configuraiton file for Chrono Trigger, SOM1 and FFVI. You will have to modify the configuration and test the options for other games.
    * Added priority per tile for BG3, by detecting if there are more low or high priority per tile at each line (see README)
    * Added priority per tile for BG1 and BG2, by using the fourth DS layer. Low priority tiles go to fourth layer, and high priority per tiles (this idea was taken from SNESAdvance). This option is useful for SOM1 and FFVI (set it to BG2).
    * Sprites priorities can now be changed. See configuraiton file for more informations. The default is 1123 but 1223 makes some games look better (like Castlevania IV first level for instance)

Be sure to patch it with DLDI and place the SNEmul.cfg file on the root of your card. A prepatched version for the M3 Simply and R4 is available here, but for other devices DLDI must be applied.

Download and Give Feedback & Compatability Reports Via Comments

OH Sound is 75% better, still a little messed up in places, and i see sometimes the notes go into the wrong octave but this is a great update! Good to see it's still being worked on

DCEmu Newbie

How does super metroid run with it? so far in teh ds emulation market for teh snes thats the only game right now i realy really really want to have portable version of on my ds.

DCEmu Newbie

Um so this adds better support for FFVI? Does this mean this version actually plays VI without many problems? Kind of want to know this before I go out looking for VI to play on it.

I just tested Super Metroid a bit, and it seems to run very well, better than previous versions. I didn't have to mess with the graphics at all, though I did need to change the Vblank and Speedhacks a bit to maintain fullspeed in all areas. Sound is much improved, you can see the text boxes now, and all in all it works great.

EDIT: carn, I have no idea, sorry.

awsome! Space Megaforce was running good enough for me (seeing as I alredy beat the game the only thing that matters is FPS, plus loving glitches the weird graphics made my day) but seeing this update, I jave u MAJOR props, this is...awsome! =[)

DCEmu Newbie

as soon as i get back to my dorm and load super emtroid and it works .. i will find you and kiss you, you magnificent glorious god. then proceed to worship you.

This Games run perfect with super-sound and without glitches or bugs:
    Super BC Kid E
    Bonkers U
    Super Adventure Island E
    Mario Allstars + world E
    Sunset Riders E
    Alien 3 E
    Art Of Fighting
    Bubsy in..... E
    Final Fight 1 E 2US 3 E
    Duffy Duck E
    Mickys Magical Quest E
    Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
    Sparkster E
    Pocky & Rocky 1 U + 2 E
    Rocky the Rodent
    Turtles 4 E
    Super Bomberman 2
    Aero the Acrobat E
    Micro Machines E
    Speedy Gonzales US
    Rocky The Rodent E
    Addams Family
    Scooby Doo US
    World Heroes US
    D-Force US
    Justice Leage Task E
    Bikermice from Mars E
    Run Saber E
    Pinnball Dreams E
    The Pagemaster US
    Goof Troop E

Contra 3 (with some bugs, but good playable)

(tested with GBAMP2 and SC/SD)

DCEmu Rookie

Yea this is sweet! Chrono trigger and Secret of mana are now 95-99% perfect including sound! I noticed many other games work very well now too. Everyone should give this emulator a try. :thumbup:

heh, i just tried space megaforce after sanding down my spare shell, and to my delight the graphics are profoundly better! on the title screen. In game, the background layer of the planet below has gotten worse-altough the random numbers by the lake dissapeared-but the sound has improved =)

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information