via kotaku

In the latest Wii-k In Review podcast, the IGN editor who tackles all things waggle, Matt Cassamassina, hints at a very interesting upcoming Wii game. He says of the unnamed title that "anyone with a brain will be able to figure it out."

There used to be this fighting franchise, it came to Gamecube. It will be coming to Wii but it won't be a fighting game anymore. It's gonna be some kind of crazy ass adventure game.

Cassamassina clarifies by adding the following.

There was one fighting game that sold pretty well, though, that was from a third party. So, I'm sure you can figure out what it was. Who the hell knows if it's gonna be any good, either.

The Gamecube didn't exactly have a ton of fighting games, at least not one's that were strictly fighters, but Mortal Kombat, Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, Bloody Roar, UFC and, of course, Soul Calibur have all made at least one appearance on the Wii precursor.

Matt's wording certainly leads one to speculate that a Soul Calibur Adventures-type of game would fit that description nicely. Bloody Roar didn't exactly burn up the sales charts and both Mortal Kombat releases featured adventure elements, so "crazy ass" wouldn't apply.

If my Soul Calibur Adventures speculation does bear fruit, I only hope it features a controllable Ivy and a third-person camera. With freelook. And zoom.