Thread: Elite Beat Agents: Big In Japan

Blog Entries

NDS Elite Beat Agents: Big In Japan

via wired

Elite Beat Agents was for all intents and purposes a sequel to Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan -- new songs, vastly upgraded features, etc. And Ouendan fans in Japan are so crazy about the game that they're snapping up copies of EBA, even though it was produced for the US market. There are a couple stores in Tokyo that sell import games, but EBA is a special case -- it's being carried by most of the major retailers, none of whom actually carry American games. That they are all making an exception for EBA really says something. Even a tiny little family-run shop that I visit had EBA.

Oddly, even though prices vary a lot from store to store in Akihabara, Elite Beat Agents was exactly 4980 yen everywhere. I wonder where these stores are getting the game?

DCEmu Rookie

so for the Japanese, EBA is better than Ouendan and here in the US Ouendan is better than EBA? Cause i always like Ouendan way better than EBA, it has better songs and rhythm.

Quote Originally Posted by toymin80r View Post
    so for the Japanese, EBA is better than Ouendan and here in the US Ouendan is better than EBA? Cause i always like Ouendan way better than EBA, it has better songs and rhythm.
    because we dont know what kind of songs they are and the people in japan dont know what kind of songs are from EBA.
    thats what i think.
    cause we probably think that the song selection from EBA sucks but to them it sounds good cause they dont know what the songs are.
    same goes for us. we dont know if the songs are popular or not.

you're probable somewhat right kcajblue.

Personally i thought EBA was too americanized. They basically left no japanese inspiration in it.

I just hate this game...

DCEmu Newbie

personally i wouldnt like to have all those japanese songs in an american game, i know its the original, but come on you wont expect that to sell aswell as EBA did with the american songs.
    and for the news, yeah its nice to have japanese version for me aswell haha, just to play same game you like but with totally different songs, that works for me =p

DCEmu Newbie

bah EBA sucks imo.
    ouendan is waaaaay better.
    i can somewhat get along on hard mode in ouendan, but i cant complete normal mode in EBA. and that's not because of too many notes, it is just because the notes dont match the music. and that totally destroys the game.

Thread Information