Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars opens new PSP Battlefront

Blog Entries

psp Star Wars opens new PSP Battlefront

via gamespot

After taking 2006 off, LucasArts' Star Wars Battlefront series of shooters is returning in 2007, but only on the PlayStation Portable. The publisher today announced that it will release Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron exclusively for Sony's handheld this fall.

As the only new entry in the series this year, Renegade Squadron will introduce a new character customization system. Instead of picking from a lineup of regimented character classes, players will be able to tailor their character's weapons, abilities, and equipment to their liking. Renegade Squadron will also be playable online in battles up to 16 players, so players will be able to pit their customized characters against others to see which combinations work best.

LucasArts is also adding a new story for the single-player campaign mode, with the Renegade Squadron of the title being a secret group of shady characters running missions for the Rebel Alliance under the command of Han Solo. Battles will take place in a number of settings that should be familiar to fans of the space opera, with missions objectives including sabotage, rescue, and retrieval.

Development on Renegade Squadron is being entrusted to Rebellion, the outfit behind the PSP games Gun Showdown and Miami Vice: The Game. Previous entries in the Battlefront series were developed by Pandemic Studios (Mercenaris, Destroy All Humans!).

SWEET! i love star wars battlefront. i cant wait for this

New Star Wars Battlefront! When I read the topic I thought it was Star Ocean,because there was another thread about Star Ocean below...ahhh Star Wars!!!!

I hope that this game will have online multiplayer.

DCEmu Legend

Battlefront is great! I hope they polish this next one up to look even better than the last.

battlefront is a fun game... just like battlefield

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack99997 View Post
    battlefront is a fun game... just like battlefield
    Why are your rep circles red?

Didn't you read it, taco111? It says that it'll have 16-man online multiplayer.

A new Battlefront for the PSP? Awesome! I hope it's actually good.
    Weird how they'd give it the "Battlefront" title since it will be PSP-exclusive, and doesn't seem to follow, by that description, in the footsteps of the other Battlefront games.

DCEmu Old Pro

Cool, I was thinking about buying the one already out, but I think I just wait for this one.

I REALLY wanted a REAL Battlefront game for the PSP. It's weird that's it's coming to the PSP only (I can see Battlefront 3 coming too, on PS3, X360 and... Wii?? Nah, I don't think Wii will get it, although I'm not sure... ). Either way, I own a PSP, I can see it has online:thumbup: and I suppose it will be MUCH better than Battlefront 2 on the PSP, that they removed "a couple" of things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information