Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TeamCyclops officially announces CycloDS Evolution

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

NDS TeamCyclops officially announces CycloDS Evolution

TeamCyclops are pleased to announce the completion of the CyclopsDS Evolution, the most advanced media enhancer currently available for NDS!

Product Overview
    CycloDS Evolution is a multi-functional Micro SD adapter for NDS and NDS Lite (Slot 1) which allows you to play games, listen to MP3's, view images, read e-books and enjoy the vast collection of homebrew applications for NDS. You can also take advantage of the inbuilt cheat code system to enjoy more freedom with your favourite games.

CycloDS Evolution is the world’s most advanced Media Enhancer for NDS Lite and NDS. Boasting superior functionality, European design and quality components, CycloDS Evolution is unparalleled in its field.

The unique enhanced mode offers powerful, unique features during game play which are activated through an in-game menu. These features include in-game LCD brightness adjustment, SlowMotion mode and in-game reset. The cheat code engine is directly compatible with Action Replay codes and CycloDS Evolution comes bundled with cheat codes for over 300 games so you can get started right away without any fuss.

CycloDS Evolution’s inbuilt OS can run commercial ROM’s and homebrew software without the need for any patching on the users part. ROM loading is fast and trouble free, simply browse to the game you want to play and tap to execute. You don’t even need to apply DLDI patches to your homebrew software; CycloDS Evolution takes care of this for you with its automatic DLDI patching feature.

Evolution loads media from MicroSD cards, which means you’re free to buy more memory at any time, never constrained by the boundaries of onboard flash memory. Transferring games and homebrew software is simple using the supplied MicroSD USB reader. Simply connect to your PC and drag & drop the desired files onto your MicroSD card.

Listen to MP3’s, watch videos or even read e-books via Moonshell. The Moonshell multimedia application will maximize the versatility of your handheld console.

The CycloDS Evolution GUI was designed with user friendliness in mind and can be operated exclusively with the stylus if desired. Skinning is supported which means you’ll always have a fresh view of our product at your fingertips. The user interface is multi-lingual, currently supporting the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Spanish, Latin American Spanish and Portuguese.

Game sharing is painless with CycloDS Evolution. Unlike most other devices on the market, CycloDS Evolution supports single card download play even with trouble games such as Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros.

CycloDS Evolution comes from the creators of the world renowned CycloWiz - the first ever upgradeable Wii modchip. We surprised many by doing things the critics thought impossible, now we’re back on DS for more firsts.

CycloDS Evolution Features
    * Completely plug & play - no FlashMe, PassMe or PC software required
    * 100% game compatibility, supports clean ROM's - works on any OS
    * Full NDS download play support, including problem games such as Mario Kart DS
    * Action Replay compatible cheat code engine, comes bundled with cheat codes for over 300 games!
    * Uses MicroSD card, both FAT16 and FAT32 supported
    * Save type is automatically detected, no need for a save type database
    * Save directly to MicroSD rather than onboard flash
    * User friendly, easily skinnable interface. Both touch screen and button operation supported
    * Multi-lingual user interface
    * "Enhanced Mode" which provides powerful, unique features during game play. Enhanced features are activated through an in-game menu. Enhanced mode features include:
    ---o Adjust LCD brightness during game play (NDSLite only)
    ---o SlowMotion mode which can be used to slow down game play to make fast paced action sequences easier to master
    ---o Return to CycloDS Evolution Menu (aka soft reset)
    ---o More features to come!
    * Excellent homebrew compatibility thanks to the DLDI auto-patcher
    * 2 megabytes of onboard flash memory which contains the CycloDS Evolution OS and will be utilised in the future to add exciting new features. A recovery mode is also included.
    * Autoboot mode which when activated will directly boot into the last ROM or homebrew application executed
    * Moonshell included to provide media playing functionality
    * PassMe function (boot from slot 2)
    * Supports rumble and memory expansions

CycloDS Evolution package contents:
    * CycloDS Evolution
    * USB MicroSD reader/writer

Divineo US, Divineo China, Divineo France, Divineo Germany has it available for preorder.

Source: TeamCyclops

*UPDATE*

Today we’d like to report some additional information about the CycloDS Evolution and CycloDS products.

First of all, the highly anticipated CycloDS Evolution will reach resellers in about 14 days from now. The recommended retail price is US$54.99 or EUR€42.

Now for some additional information on the CycloDS Evolution. We are currently working on a feature where CycloDS Micro and Mini can be used as a slot 2 expansion pack for the CycloDS Evolution. This will allow you to both play GBA games and use the Opera Web Browser (which normally requires a separate RAM expansion pack). The GBA games WILL NOT require patching; this will be handed by the CycloDS Evolution OS automatically.

The CycloDS Micro and Mini are already available. The CycloDS Evolution and Mini or Micro combination will prove invaluable to users because you’ll be able to play NDS games with all the advanced features provided by CycloDS Evolution, as well as playing GBA games and using the Opera Web Browser.

DIGG THIS

Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

It's the "CycloDS" not "CyclopsDS"

The original CycloDS was a complete hardware clone of the Supercard. I wonder if this new card is a clone of an already-existing card or if it's completely new hardware. The touchscreen menu makes me think Supercard DS, but it might be different.

this sounds amazing, im gonna look into it

DCEmu Newbie

Did anyone work out how to buy one of these?

DCEmu Coder

There'd better be "More features to come" Cos there is nothing that evolutionary about it other than it has a website which gave me a freaking headache

DCEmu Rookie

It sounds almost exactly like the R4. The only thing that could make it or break it is the price, and it'll need to get freakishly low to beat R4, I'm talking under $35.

DCEmu Newbie

Is this thing the R4 with another sticker on it? And isnt the R4 an M3?

Is that what they mean by "evolution?"

Please do not Digg this, in fact, unDigg it if possible plx.

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    It's the "CycloDS" not "CyclopsDS"

The original CycloDS was a complete hardware clone of the Supercard. I wonder if this new card is a clone of an already-existing card or if it's completely new hardware. The touchscreen menu makes me think Supercard DS, but it might be different.
    Sorry, its CycloDS. A lot of new cards are touchscreen now. I contacted TeamCyclops and said I should be receiving one for review. Gotta contact the supplier now to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by moapy View Post
    Did anyone work out how to buy one of these?
    I dont think there is any sites that has it listed yet. Once there is, I'll post the link.

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    Is this thing the R4 with another sticker on it? And isnt the R4 an M3?

Is that what they mean by "evolution?"

Please do not Digg this, in fact, unDigg it if possible plx.
    R4 and M3 is manufactured by the same company. Honestly, all these Slot-1's are all the same. R4, M3, SuperCard ONE, Ninja X9, etc. Only difference is a few functionalities, the look of menus and packaging.

Same goes for linkers such as MK5, N-Card, DS Linker, etc.

And whoever put this on DIGG can you at least link it to my site considering it came from my site.
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

DCEmu Newbie

I own a M3 Simply and a R4, and if it does what it says it can do ill think about buying it, must have them all

DCEmu Newbie

Just another Slot-1 solution. I just don't get the point to get this one when there are tons of slot-1 devices...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information