Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DS-Xtreme 16GB in stock @ Divineo China

Blog Entries

NDS DS-Xtreme 16GB in stock @ Divineo China

New at Divineo China

The DS-X (DS-Xtreme) is a revolutionary storage, homebrew and media player flash cart compatible with all DS Lite and original DS consoles.

Offering a SINGLE unified solution which allows you to do the unthinkable and push the limits of Nintendo’s ™ top selling handheld console. The DS-X does NOT require the use of a passme, external memory or any unsightly GBA cart, just one intelligently designed piece of kit, the same size as an ordinary DS cart, giving an unrivalled experience to any DS enthusiast.

Its plug and play in its finest hour, an in-built USB port on the DS-X paves the way for you to communicate easily between the DS-X OS and your computer. Drag ‘n drop all your favourite media and homebrew as you please directly onto the included 16GBit (2-Gbyte) memory with minimal effort as the DS-X will be instantly recognized by your machine.

looks great, but im happy with what i got

i hate it when they use the Gb thing.
    and dsx costs too much.

DCEmu Newbie

The "16GB" in the subject header of this thread is quite misleading...

DCEmu Legend

I don't have anything yet for my DS Lite as I am always busy with PSP homebrew. I think I'll be getting this though. I know its expensive but it seems to be the best all-in-one slot 1 solution.

Would I have to convert my ROMS in any way before loading onto this via USB?

Angry

I bought one of the original 512mb cards. It works, which is nice because I can't upgrade the OS. DSX pre-sold lots of cards by advertising the card was compatible with Linux and Mac in addition to Windows.

Six months after releasing the card, they still don't have an update package available for Linux or Mac. If you ask about, they get hostile and say it's "coming soon." That was their answer six months ago and that is their answer today.

Even for the folks with Windows, it hasn't been easy. Since the card is updateable, DSX said it would never be incompatible. This was their justification for the high price of the card. Well, when the first update came out DSX "forgot" to mention that it wouldn't really work unless you have USB 2.0 ports on your machine.

And now with the latest OS release, it apparently doesn't work well or at all with Vista. And again, instead of acknowledging the issue, DSX is playing "blame the user."

Like I said, my card works for me, but I'm not hardcore into the homebrew scene like some folks. I got it to load music apps. There are other solutions out there now other than the DS-X, especially if you have Windows.

Check out the DSX forums before you shell out any cash.

http://forums.ds-xtreme.com/

i bought the DS extreme and was disappointed with the storage on the card. I could only store about 8 games on there and games like elite beat agents are massive!

The price is also very expensive.

I gave mine to my sister and bought a M3 DS simply which is cheaper and has more storage.

but i do miss my lights on the card

DCEmu Legend

NDS M3 DS + 4GB MicroSD - Is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by spik3yb0i View Post
    I gave mine to my sister and bought a M3 DS simply which is cheaper and has more storage.
    I noticed the M3 DS takes microSD. There are now 4GB microSD cards as seen in this link:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/periphera...ard-229660.php

Will the 4GB microSD cards work for the M3 DS?

i havent tried the 4gb micro sd. i have a 2gb and even that with the simply sd is cheaper than buyin the original ds extreme and also i feel that 2gb enough space to hold many applications.

does any1 know the price of this ds extreme (4gb)?

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post
    I don't have anything yet for my DS Lite as I am always busy with PSP homebrew. I think I'll be getting this though. I know its expensive but it seems to be the best all-in-one slot 1 solution.

Would I have to convert my ROMS in any way before loading onto this via USB?
    i whould also like to know this question as well and does it support zip or rar or is it just nds?
    and does it save using the game or the space in the card?
    and maybe the cheapest place to buy it?
    and wot the 2gb bit for anyway? and why is it in red and bigger you though the 16gb bit whould be like that and 2gb like the 16gb (if u know wot i mean)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information