Hey all,

Okay so I went and did it , I got my hands on a XCM V-box early and felt up to the challenge (especially since the unit I received was for USA/JP and I have a PAL Wii). I went up and modded the USA/JP XCM V-box to accept ANY other video device capable of outputting S-video or Composite signals. After finding out how I wrote a guide about it which you can see:

I will also soon do this to the PAL version of the unit, however that is not yet released at this time (it is however due for shipping soon).

A bit of background info on the XCM V-box (for those who haven't been following the news ;

The XCM V-box is a video adapter for the Nintendo Wii allowing you to watch the video of your Wii on the PC (and record it / take pictures). There are two versions of the unit (at this time) one for USA/JAP users and one for European users. Homepage
they can be used with every device that outputs this kind of video type. This is also advertised by the team by adding the feature of inputting other video signals using a special adapter (which you have to buy separately, and is not yet available nor have any images been posted).
A small sneak at my guide;

A bit more background information in detail; As I stated earlier the USA/JAP version of the XCM V-box uses S-video as it's signal. S-video is composed out of two data lines, one of which is (Y) luminance/brightness and the other is colour/chroma (C). These lines are split to create better image quality as opposed to composite video which has both signals on one data line. The PAL Wii however (and lots of other devices) cannot produce S-video. Thankfully though, a very easy and cheap way of splitting composite into S-video is available (though there is quality loss in that way. Using a better method results in a much more costly solution) leaving us with a V-box that is also capable of using composite signals

Have fun modding!
~Scorpei