Thread: Nintendo Dates Metroid Prime 3 for US

Rev Nintendo Dates Metroid Prime 3 for US

via Kikizo

Nintendo has been doing a bang-up job of reaching out to casual gamers and even those who wouldn't think of playing games with the Wii, but what of the hardcore set?

There has not been much in the way of in-house Nintendo games for longtime fans since Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess launched alongside the console last autumn. Nintendo is now working on a plan to fix that.

Intergalactic butt-kicker Samus Aran continues her first-person shooter adventures in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, which leads Nintendo's American Wii line-up for the summer. The game will be in stores on 20 August.

Wii owners in Europe will likely need to be patient a while longer. Nintendo could not confirm today when the game would be out over here.

Closer to home, this week sees the release of Mario Strikers Charged - the online-enabled Wii Mario-themed football game.

DCEmu Newbie

I cannot wait for that game! I do however have Mario strikers charged pre-ordered so that will have to keep me busy for now!

DCEmu Rookie

Default Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Squirt View Post
    I cannot wait for that game! I do however have Mario strikers charged pre-ordered so that will have to keep me busy for now!
    Well this means we get most of this stuff around Christmas, the release situation really is funny over here. We are getting Elebits currently, and there is not even a release date for Super Paper Mario.

Well at least we get Mario strikers a little bit earlier than the US (around a week or so) must be because Football/Soccer is more popular over here.

Anyway, we are having a total release draught over here currently.. There was not a single interesting Wii release for at least 3-4 weeks, the last one being the Pop remake. I am not sure if there was even one Wii release the last four - five weeks.

Seems like in the current situation Nintendo Europe is streamlining its releases, one month the DS gets a handful of releases the other one the Wii gets 1-2 games. But none at the same time.
    Besides that some release delays are really a shame, Metroid Pinpall just got released with a two years delay!

If anyone from Nintendo is reading this, here is the explanation why mod chips are so popular over here!

Quote Originally Posted by werpu View Post
    Well this means we get most of this stuff around Christmas, the release situation really is funny over here. We are getting Elebits currently, and there is not even a release date for Super Paper Mario.

Well at least we get Mario strikers a little bit earlier than the US (around a week or so) must be because Football/Soccer is more popular over here.

Anyway, we are having a total release draught over here currently.. There was not a single interesting Wii release for at least 3-4 weeks, the last one being the Pop remake. I am not sure if there was even one Wii release the last four - five weeks.

Seems like in the current situation Nintendo Europe is streamlining its releases, one month the DS gets a handful of releases the other one the Wii gets 1-2 games. But none at the same time.
    Besides that some release delays are really a shame, Metroid Pinpall just got released with a two years delay!

If anyone from Nintendo is reading this, here is the explanation why mod chips are so popular over here!

I completely agree with you. I only recently purchased my wii but there is a distinct lack of decent new games around. ...the mod chip is sounding v tempting!

Does anybody know fro sure if wii games are mutiregional or not??

DCEmu Rookie

Default Region Codes

Quote Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
    I completely agree with you. I only recently purchased my wii but there is a distinct lack of decent new games around. ...the mod chip is sounding v tempting!

Does anybody know fro sure if wii games are mutiregional or not??
    No they are not unfortunately, DS games fortunately are (for now), which makes things easier...

I agree with you a mod chip is very tempting, I am currently thinking seriously about it, because over here there is no wii drought anymore.
    The entire Super Paper Mario situation basically is what it did for me and I will probably have one installed soon.

I am somehow sick of waiting half a year til a year and having to pay more!
    (Just in case someone wonders we pay between 50 and 60 euros for a Wii game here which is roughly 80 Dollars)

I was holding off for a freeloader solution but I assume there wont be one for the forseeable future, as it seems :-(

Thread Information