Thread: Backyard Hockey News

Blog Entries

NDS Backyard Hockey News

press release:

Humongous, Inc. announced today that Detroit Red Wings nine-time NHL all-star and Olympic gold medalist, Nicklas Lidstrom, has been named as the cover athlete for the newest version of Backyard Hockey. Available exclusively for the Nintendo DS™ this fall, the next chapter in the hugely popular Backyard Sports video game series will have kids nationwide challenging each other in the ultimate competition on ice.

“When it comes to kids’ video games, Backyard Hockey has always been one of my favorites. I have four sons who are all big fans of the game so I am very familiar with its quality and fun,” said Lidstrom. “Backyard Hockey is funny and a bit crazy, but the thing I really like about the game is that it is also realistic so kids actually learn the fundamentals of hockey as they play.”

“We are thrilled to have one of the best players in the game on the cover of Backyard Hockey,” said Lauren Schechtman Allen, Co-president, Humongous, Inc. “In addition to being a superstar athlete, Nicklas Lidstrom possesses qualities that are important for kids to see in a professional player such as strength, humility, and dedication. These are exactly the values we like to focus on in all the Backyard Sports games.”

About Backyard Hockey

For more than five years, Backyard Hockey has thrilled young sports fans by combining authentic NHL gameplay with fun and fantasy. Now in its fourth iteration, Backyard Hockey is currently the best selling hockey video game franchise exclusively for kids and the only youth game to hold the NHL and National Hockey League Players’ Association (NHLPA) licenses. Best known for starring kid-sized versions of popular NHL superstars, Backyard Hockey features realistic plays and strategies so kids learn the intricacies of the game while having fun. Multiple levels make it easy enough for rookies, yet challenging for even die-hard hockey fans. Backyard Hockey is also a favorite of parents, featuring comical and fun scenarios in a kid-friendly, non-violent format as well as cultural diversity.

Game Features include:

NHL and NHLPA Licenses – all 30 NHL Clubs with official uniforms, and logos
    NHL players as kids
    10 Backyard teams with extensive line up of Backyard Kids
    Realistic gameplay and strategies with whacky animations
    Season play with complete team stats & standings
    Multi-player mode
    Customizable teams and players
    Multiple levels of difficulty
    Unlockables, power ups, minigames, and surprises
    Rated “E” (everyone) by ESRB, Backyard Hockey on the Nintendo DS™ has an MSRP of $29.99

i dont like backyard sports, ive had a bunch of them and the only good 1 is backyard football and baseball 2002, that was right before they went 3d. after the 3d they sucked, and before 2002 they sucked

Thread Information