Thread: Square Enix to Release First Nintendo Wii VC Title

Rev Square Enix to Release First Nintendo Wii VC Title

via Video Game Generation

The latest ESRB update confirms that Square Enix will release its first title for the Nintendo Wii Virtual Console in the near future.

ActRaiser, originally released for the SNES by Enix and developed by Quintet (since engulfed by Square Enix we believe), has been rated E10+ by the board. The game itself portrays the struggle between good and evil, with The Master and Tanzra (basically Satan) squaring off in a struggle for the world. The player is The Master of course, smiting false gods, performing miracles, and restoring the people's faith in him.

No release date has been given for the game, but an ESRB rating usually indicates that it can't be too far off.

Wonderful game! Actraiser is a must have.

This is great news for all the people who never got to play it the first time around.
    I only bought mine because I saw it for 19.99 and begged my mum to give me money for it, had never played it, but when I got it home it was awesome, one of the better SNES games, the sequel left A LOT to be dessired and was woefully bad in comparisson.

Actraiser 2 wasn't THAT bad. They just should've expanded on the town building aspect. Though I'm sure people back in the day would've said the same about wanting more action in the first one.

They should really think about releasing translated versions of games that only came out in Japan. I'm sure there's be a good demand for games like Terranigma and Secret of Mana 3.

WOOO!!! Post 100! (Yeah, I'm lame like that)

DCEmu Newbie

this game rocked back in the days! I only got to rent the sequel, but according to everyone, it wast as great as the original.

This game, and a few others(cough****kidicarus***cough), are some games the company should go back to and remake or create a completely new sequel.

Heres hoping for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionT View Post
    They should really think about releasing translated versions of games that only came out in Japan. I'm sure there's be a good demand for games like Terranigma and Secret of Mana 3.

WOOO!!! Post 100! (Yeah, I'm lame like that)
    Terranigma WAS translated, I have it boxed in my house right now, UK PAL version

Ok, well replace Terranigma with Star Ocean then .

I know Terranigma was translated... But it was never released in the states. Why they made it in English and didn't bring it over here is beyond me.

Terranigma would of been a better imo

ActRaiser is ok...

Super Mario RPG will sell alot i bet lol

Thread Information