Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FCE Ultra 20070607 - Nes Emu for Wii/Gamecube

Blog Entries

GC FCE Ultra 20070607 - Nes Emu for Wii/Gamecube

svpe_ has released a new version of the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) emulator for the Nintendo GameCube/Wii.

Heres What's new?

* Wii support (PAL50 fix, 1.35GiB restriction removed)
    * 7zip ROM loading support from the DVD (not from a SD card!!)
    * dvd_read fix (the read data was always copied to readbuffer instead of *dst)
    * slower file selection when using the D-Pad (I didn't like the selection to go as fast as in the latest release)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

Hey just downloaded FCE and something is.. amiss. Seems whenever I select "Load Rom" or "Play Game" or anything from the main menu, I get a series of colored bars (3 rows, about 14 in each row)..

This is on a Wii, using SDMedia Launcher Kit (By CodeJunkies). I know this is all beta stuff to some degree, and I am curious, as to what the problem may be. Have I done something wrong? Is there anything I can do to test this Homebrew Application on my Wii.

Let me know

nny

Ah, Nintendo forced an update on me that wont let Action Replay work anymore on the Wii.
    Does anyone know a way around this?
    PLEASE help!
    [email protected]

hey, i dont suppose that SDMedia Launcher Kit still works after Nintendo's little "update"?
    anyway, it sounds like your problem is you have no roms or its not recognizing that you do (since that colored bar screen is the default no roms screen).
    make sure your roms are at the TOP of your SD Cards list in a folder called NESROMS or SNESROMS or whatever. And the SD Card is formatted in FAT, not FAT32.

I dont suppose this newer version plays Dragon Warrior IV?
    Thats the only game I couldnt get to open with the older version, not counting some hacks.
    I hope this post gets a better responce than my last 2 O_O

DCEmu Newbie

There is unofficial version 070831 (binaries and Source) at http://psx-scene.com/forums/gamecube...ie-issues.html

What's new?
    modify mmc3 code for Chinese pirated rom
    add some Chinese pirated rom mappers

DCEmu Newbie

Is there a version of this loads roms like Snes9xgx?

Broken zip support in this version when tested on Wii - stupid & ridiculous.

Is there a version of this that actually has working zip support for Wii, or do we have to wait?

Thanks, peac3 out.

i'm personally wondering what happened to the VS support? if this is a port of the pc version then i have no idea how to make the Nintendo VS arcade roms work, cause i know they did with the pc version.....but now with the GC port this functionality is either stripped out altogether, or getting the coin-op to register is some whacky button combination.

Is there Any version of this that will play Dragon Warrior IV?
    Someone please answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information