Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daedalus disinformation

Blog Entries

psp Daedalus disinformation

Yesterday a newspost appeared over at pspupdates about Daedalus which mentioned that bios files were to be used in the next release of the Nintendo 64 emulator for the PSP, however as is usual the homepage had no such newspost, heres why with a newspost today from StrmnNrmn:

I was quite interested to read this article over at pspupdates:

StrmnNrmn sent us an email recently that really got us thinking about how far Daedalus has come from its humble beginnings more than a year ago. Not only does he give us some prime information about the direction of Daedalus, but he also mentions just how long it might take him to actually get everything running properly.

I never emailed pspupdates, so it looks like someone has been deliberately trying to mislead them. It goes on to say:

R13 might actually use Bios files now

I have no idea what this actually means! The information doesn't seem to be particularly malicious, but I didn't write it. Anything I have to say about Daedalus, I'll talk about here, on this blog. It'll be another week or so before I can update regularly, so any other 'information' you hear that's not directly from this blog is likely to be a hoax.

-StrmnNrmn

So like the man says he will update his blog with news and certainly not by email. That should put an end to any bogus news emails (they probably tried the same with me but i read pms and emails a month after they arrive :P)

Heres the official StrmnNrmn blog addy --> http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/

there are a lot of spammers and unregistered users over there at psp updates...

everybody knew it was BS from the beginning

DCEmu Legend

psp Big project, Big Target!

Well lately aside from downgraders and OE custom firmware, Daedalus has been the biggest project for the PSP.

With a widespread opinion that SONY went after Dark_AleX somehow, its not too far fetched that some enemies of PSP homebrew (SONY black ops agents, lol) would try and spread disinformation. A popular tactic in unconventional war.

The aim might have been to try and lure Nintendo to go after StrmmnNrmn and Daedalus.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend
    Think about it, it sure would be a strategic alliance if SONY & Nintendo tag teamed against homebrew.

Okay, I'll shut up now, no more conspiracy theories. I'm just trying to open peoples eyes to what very well could be more attacks on PSP homebrew.

Lets show our resolve and be vigilant.

why would you make up a rumor about anything? its just stupid. and thats even dumber because they didnt even make up somthing bad? whats what i dont get. well whatever rumors like this is dumb

Yeah QJ has lots of spammers/noobs lately, I expect that from them..

DCEmu Newbie

It's easy, any smart person can imitate another.
    Do you actually think I'm dark_alex?
    haha, no, but I can look like him :P
    thats why you need to only trust news posts from the author and nobody else until confirmed.
    short of the firmware coders, Daedalus is my favorite

[EDIT] For instance, try doing a google search for www.mісrоѕоft.com (copy and paste it from my message)
    DO NOT BROWSE TO THAT SITE!
    I don't know what is there but most likely a virus filled site, whatever the case. I warned you.
    ok, now manually type in www.microsoft.com
    see? I told you there not the same :P
    tah tah

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by -Xandu- View Post
    Yeah QJ has lots of spammers/noobs lately, I expect that from them..
    Not lately, it's a permanent "feature"... since their first days.

DCEmu Newbie

Veskgar, you are one smart chap. I doubt its true though unless more fake reports pop-up.

Well, ive never liked QJ except for the files they host, this is just more proof that they are un-reliable. I think I remember them doing pyramid schemes as well when the PSP came out, I could be wrong, but I do remember them advertising something like that, either on their own behalf or someone elses.

At the end of the day, Ive never had any quams with DCEMU's network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information