Thread: PSP: Daedalus blog update - 3 August 07 - Daedalus PSP under OSX

DCEmu Pro

psp PSP: Daedalus blog update - 3 August 07 - Daedalus PSP under OSX

Another big, detailed and interesting blog post from StrmnNrmn talks about compiling Daedalus under OSX operating system:

I mentioned a few days ago that I've recently bought a Macbook Pro. I've never owned a Mac before so it's been a really interesting experience learning my way around. Initially I was planing on dual booting Windows XP via Boot Camp, but I quickly found that I could do almost everything I need to in OSX. I did install Parallels Desktop, I rarely find myself running any Windows apps.

One of the main things I need for day to day 'work' is the ability to compile and run Daedalus. The rest of this article describes the process of setting up the PSPSDK under OSX, and compiling Daedalus PSP for the first time. This post is really aimed at people who are interested in compiling Daedalus for themselves on OSX. Hopefully it will also be useful for other PSP homebrew developers who have been having problems getting the PSPSDK set up under OSX.

To install the PSPSDK I largely followed this guide on the ps2dev.org forums. I already had XCode and fink installed. Fink complained when I tried to install all the listed packages, and I had to remove one of them from the command line (I think it was autogen, but I can't really remember now.)

I've been using the most recent psptoolchain script, which was updated a few weeks ago, and I had to make a couple of modifications. In depends/check-ncurses.sh I had to change the check for ncurses to look for the OSX .dyliib file:

... READ THE FULL POST HERE! ...

StrmnNrmn ends the post by saying that if anyone decides to try to compile Daedalus under OSX, he'd like to know how you do it, so post in the comments section on his blog if you do (and no off-topic posts there).

Any comments and thoughts?

Why does it say August 3rd it's still the 2nd and this update is from the 2nd, StrmnNrmn has it under the 2nd too so be sure to fix that. Anyway yeah I'm always happy to read a blog update from StrmnNrmn but when is he going to update in depth about the ME or some kind of changes to Daedalus. I don't know I guess I'm just anxious since really we would have R13 by now but this "recharging" period off set the time schedule of releases, but I will wait patiently but I need a quick fix of whats comming to R13!

time zone difference. your post was august 3rd at 03.50 gmt. i thought strmnnmrn was from the uk?

DCEmu Pro

Yeah, well, it's not anything I can fix, only moderators and administrators. The time was one hour after midnight when I posted this tonight, so it was 3 August here, but I know I should've typed 2 August since that's what the blog says.

Can we stop this time-talking now?

Oh yeah I'm worried about the time change I was just noting it, but yeah I'm glad StrmnNrmn is updating his blog frequently but I wish we could get an update that is about the ME support or something to do with the speed he plans to gain for R13.

dont worry morgan. im sure his next update will be about his plans in depth for R13

I hope I keep checking his site for blog updates and the last 3 days he's had updates but then the updates are about getting a Mac, answering about the already 333mhx, and then here about running Daedalus using OSX. It was just such a tease to have updates that don't directly concern Daedalus and it's R13's improvement plans. I'm jsut so excited to see what Daedalus will be like after ME support and the speed fixes he has planned, I just want to hear about them!

Sorry for double post but yeah I just wanted to tell you guys I will be leaving the country tomorrow and won't be back until the 16th. I am taking my annual trip to my house in Bahamas to go vacation for a little while. A question before I go though, does anyone have a Daedalus saved file of Super Smash Brothers with all the characters unlocked and the secret Mushroom Kingdom level unlocked? I have all my characters unlocked but I can't get the secret level unlocked for some reason. The way to unlock it is to beat the game with all ORIGINAL 8 characters and play each multiplayer course in VS Mode at least once. I did all this but I didn't get the level unlocked, I believe it's because Daedalus didn't save somewhere when I beat the game with one of the characters. But see I don't feel like going back and beating the game with a random character after another to find out which one it didn't save from. There's no way to tell so I would appreciate it if someone had a save for me, and if anyone wants my save with all 12 characters unlocked I will upload that if anyone asks. I hope StrmnNrmn updates before today is over so I can get a last Daedalus update before I will be shutout of WiFi access for 10days.

working under osx??? thats.... weird... oh well, i want this emu to reach its glory at its fullest!!!!!!!

Thread Information