Thread: [RELEASE] Dementia v0.1b

Default [RELEASE] Dementia v0.1b

Hello, and welcome to another release thread from our new(ish) dev team, Teh Peek-uh-chewz. You may have seen this game a few weeks back, this is just a small update to fix some of the glitches before Neoflash ends. Since this is only a small release, We've decided to put it as v0.1b, rather than a whole new version.

If you're not intrested in reading this, just know that its already kxploited; no need for lua player.
    Download link:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/kxgsix

If you don't already know this, Dementia is a puzzle game, although quite an abstract one at that. The aim of the game is to make all the squares on the grid turn yellow through clicking the squares in the grid, although this is much more easily said tha done, as if you click a square not only will it change colours, but so will everything around it. If its red it turns yellow and vice versa. Like I said before, the aim of the game is to make everything yellow.

I havn't bothered much with screenshots, since the GFX of the game hasn't undergone much work. therefor, the photos below were taken from the previous release thread, although they do still show the game's current graphics. Basically, this is for those of you who havn't seen this before.

Here's whats new:

- This version sports an extra 30 levels on top of the 50 from the last version. there are now 80 levels in the game.
    - This version has been modified to externalize the levels from the game, meaning that level packs are supported now. I no longer have to make a full releases to add levels.
    - The pesky inverse menu has been fixed, sorta. I had a lot of complaints about it, so I've put in the option to have it normal if you wish.
    - I've edited the saving system so that we should end up with fewer lost game saves. If you do happen to lose your game, all you need to do is edit LEVEL.txt to say where you were up to, although its pretty sad to edit this unnessecerily.
    - The 2nd fade in glitch at the start has been fixed up so to speed up the introduction and avoid annoyance.
    - A new fade effect was implemented alongside the orginal for an extra special effect, lol.
    - We've edited some of the credit screen and text on how to play the game to remove typos and wrong information. Sorry about that.
    - We've now fixed the level numbering, in the case that is messed up having passed level 31. The level jumps have also been fixed.
    - Fixed the glitch where the music stopped playing during or after the credits, I don't know what caused it, but whatever it was seems to have gone now.
    - All of the credits and instruction screens have been remade, to be a lot less flashy, yet a lot more readable. Sorry for the quality loss, but we believe this is for the best.
    - The quality loss of the music during the fades was looked into, although it can't be fixed easily. For now, it looks like we're just going to have to put up with it.

Well, thats more or less it for this release. Remember to please support us in Neoflash, we really need your support. From me and the Rest of teh Peek-uh-chewz dev team, Thanks for reading, playing and in all supporting us-- we appreciate it. Please remember to post your comments and suggestions for the game, they could just make the next version...!

Download link:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/kxgsix

Love, Freshmilk.
    Lol.

Another thread Freshmilk's gigantic release threads .
    Must try this!

Lolz. Thanks for that, I think.
    TacticalPinguin called it a wall of text, lol.

link doesn't work

Yes it says the file was deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
    link doesn't work
    Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    Yes it says the file was deleted
    I've attached the updated version to this post.
    I was asked to memorise what I did not understand; and, my memory being so good, it refused to be insulted in that manner. ~Aleister Crowley (1875-1947)

Thread Information