Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Name the Best of the Homebrew Releases

Blog Entries

psp Name the Best of the Homebrew Releases

Within the next week or so im going to post an article detailing the very best releases so far in every scene and this is where the whole DCEmu Community comes in, i want to compile the very best releases for each scene.

It doesnt matter if the release is a Game, Emulator, Demo or application/hack. If you are submitting what you consider the best please post a mini review and any details such as homepage and release date/ screenshots.

With that in Mind please post your top 5 releases for the PSP Scene.

Wifi Controller. Seriously...

PSPcomic

Fantastic app!

DCEmu Newbie

i think the nes emulator(nesterj) was the best or Custom Firmware by everyone(DAX,M33 etc.)

Daedalus - some people said it was impossible at first, but we now have near full speed n64 emulation. i love playing my n64 games on the go. strmnnrmn has put lots of work into this and i really love the program

iris - iris is not being worked on anymore but was my first and probably my favorate homebrew ever on the psp. psmonkey put alot of great effort in this. it was an extreamly modable third person shooter that was shapping up to be quite the amazing game. psmonkey even got hired to a profetional company for his coding projects and that is why he cant work on it anymore.

irshell - i love ir shell, when you dont have acsess to a computer, just download a file with your psp web browser, unzip it, move it, and play it. you can play music at the same time as an iso or a game, even homebrew or whatever else you want. irshell is a exelent multitasking shell coded by ahman.

gpsp - first called imposible, now amazing gameboy advanced emualator. perfectly emulates almost every gba rom. playing gba on a big screen and not having to carry around multiple systems is always great. thanks exophase for the excellent program.

PSPtube - the newest of my favorates, people have always been eager for streaming video in the psp web browser, thats not quite possible yet but resently nekomimi has released a program to stream youtube to your psp. its extreamly nice, smooth, and runs great.

keep up the great work everyone. thank you for making the playstation portable such an amazing handheld system.

top five psp releases in my opinion would be

1- custom firmware (DAX)
    2- Gpsp (considered impossible before being accomplished)
    3- PSPtube (long awaited, definitely a break through)
    4- N64 emulation (still in the works but promising)
    5- CPS2 (mvc is one of the best things to ever be played on PSP)

Here is as complete a list as I can recall of the cream of the crop in order from best to worst. It just needs a few more additions I think

deadlus
    pspgba
    irshell
    custom firmware
    devhook
    snestyl
    dgen
    beats of rage
    psprevolution
    doom/quake
    descent
    daxziso
    squarez
    attack of the mutants
    super mario war
    smashgpsp if only some one fixed the glitches

custom firmware
    PSPRevolution [DDR]
    devhook

Well, it seems emulators and custom firmwares can be considered homebrew as well so I'll add

• Dax/M33's custom firmwares (combined since M33's is basically like a reversed engineered version of Dax's)
    • Daedalus. Really nice to be able to play some of my favorite N64 games on the go.
    • GPsp... Because of the quality and effort put into it.
    • TYL Snes emulator. Real nice to be able to play my SNES back-ups portably.
    • [e]mulator. Really cool to have a one in all emulator. Too bad it doesn't sram save games other than Wonderswan...
    • WifiController.

mapthis is the best of all!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information