Thread: Review: Multi Complex Mini-Stick

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

Rev Review: Multi Complex Mini-Stick

Multi Complex Mini-Stick
    Manufacturer: Dragon
    Site:
    Price: $6.95

Overview : Improve your Wiimote comfort, grip and performance on games with Dragon multi complex mini stick. Not only does it turn you Wiimote directional pad into a small joystick, but special grips are included to fit best with various type of games.

Features :
    • Easy to use and setup
    • Comfortable and suitable for long gaming session
    • Compact design and comes with 5 different types of silicon cap for various
      game style
    • Compatible with all Wiimote

Quality/Usability : The Multi Complex Mini-Stick turns your Wiimote into a semi-joystick. This attachment goes over the directional pad and "A" button on the Wiimote. Underneath the directional pad and "A" button of the Multi Complex Mini-Stick are foam. This is what touches the pad and button on the Wiimote to prevent any scratching.

What makes the joystick move around is a spring. This allows flexibility in the movement whether it be up, down, left or right. The "A" button on the Multi Complex Mini-Stick doesnt have any springs on it but lays right on top of the "A" button on the Wiimote.

Included are 5 silicon caps (1 on joystick and 4 additional ones). Each joystick vary in style/shape that best suits your needs during gameplay. Removing the caps is very simple. Placing them on the joystick can take some time..for me that is. Since there isnt much space between the top of the joystick where the caps go and the body of the Multi Complex Mini-Stick, its hard to lift and pull the opening of the silicon cap to go over the joystick.

Conclusion : Overall, the Multi-Complex Mini Stick was a cool idea when I first saw and read about it but after using it an experiencing with the peripheral, my thoughts on the use/need of this has changed. I really dont see the use or need for this since majority of Wii games all use motion. This may come in handy for Virtual Console (VC) games but thats about all. Since the joystick uses a spring to help maneuver over the directional pad, the spring rubs against the plastic which gives that "nail on the chalkboard" or scratching feel to it.

Images via comments
    Last edited by bandit; January 4th, 2011 at 00:56.
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

not a bad idea im ust say. hower it'd only be useful in a few games.

Thread Information