Thread: First glimpse of in-game XMB?

ps3 First glimpse of in-game XMB?

via Computer and Video Games

The big in-game XMB (Cross Media Bar) that PS3 owners are crying out for will be implemented in an update before the end of January, suggest fresh rumours.

Below are the first images of what a "nameless source" claims to be screen photos of the new firmware in action. The highlighted Game icon in one image looks to cover all the things the current list of in-game options do.

But to the right you can clearly see that all-important friends list column - where we expect you'll be able to send and receive messages and send game invites, and on the left is the music option, so playing your own tunes during gameplay should become an reality.

Of course, the suspicion is that some sad and lonely Photoshop wizard knocking these up in their spare time is more likely than a Sony insider exposing such a significant detail to the web.

We'll be in touch with our Sony UK contacts as soon as they're awake.

A couple of blurry photographs here

DCEmu Newbie

i hope its the real deal! but, im quite sure its not, because often "fakes" looks like $#@! so no one can see the difference.

Hopefully this is true, lol, but i wont believe it until Sony themselves announce it.

DCEmu Legend

Well In-Game-XMB is confirmed for sometime in 08, but I doubt this is real. The PS3 supports showing images, so thats one way to easily fake it. As well, simply making a "background" with the game's title and that little controller icon and X Enter, O Back is very easy to make and install and can make it seem as though its "In-Game-XMB".

So I doubt its real. Besides, the lighting in the picture indicates that its someone's living room not a showroom, Sony studio, etc.

If it was real, it'd have to be from Sony, since they are the only ones with In-Game-XMB access as we might see it when it comes out and I'd imagine someone at Sony would know how to hold a camera steady (they would probably use a tripod actually, or "a screenshot" feature thats part of the dev units).

yeah this maybe fake cause in second picture look at tvs reflection i see couchs a lamp a........ living room

Got to be fake i can make a better picture with a cga camera.

Thread Information