Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3.80M33 Firmware - Give Us Your Verdict on It

Blog Entries

psp 3.80M33 Firmware - Give Us Your Verdict on It

I must admit i havent updated either of my Homebrew PSPs up to 3.80M33 yet, at the moment im happy enough on an older firmware infact i have a PSP on V1.5 and the other on 3.71M33-3

But now the dust has settled on the releases of the last few days and the v1.5 Kernal Addon and PSX Emu Popsloader have been released i feel its time to ask the PSP News visitors their verdicts on it and if theres any major bugs that need a looksy at

Answer Via Comments

you see right now i dont see any problem at all and am actually very happy to have upgraded. I didnt follow the 3.71 update and felt like i was missing out. After seeing this, I know that i will never regret this decision. The only tihng i lost was my applecor theme which wasnt that big of a loss at all :P. I personally havent found any bugs after the latest updates
    Come Visit Homebrew Heaven, Where you'll find the latest gaming news and downloads!

View My Coding Blog

The Return of The Lounge!
    Mario Gold Rush
    Current C++ Project: To be Announced soon on Homebrew Heaven

Currently Coding in: C++ for the PSP

Overall the Custom Firmware is excellent and I've found no problems besides Sony messing up the Memory Stick driver. Due to that reason I've only upgraded 1 of my 2 PSP(s).

DCEmu Newbie

memory stick driver and the cpu speed in game is messed up.... that's about it.

DCEmu Newbie

After updating my slim to 3.80 m33, i did the same to my fat. I find the internet radio pretty nifty, but i really like the updating feature which allows to update to the next m33 firmware. Tho i find the sony bugs to be a pain in the arse, im not suffering from any on my end, so im good

Arent those bug ironed out in the latest releases. I was pretty sure the memory card problems were fixed.

Only reason I'm holding out is themes right now. One of the best features of 3.80 is remote start for the ps3. Sure you can fudge it to work with 3.71 but this is much better since its built in.

DCEmu Newbie

the xmb ,look like a little slower than in 3.5
    , like glue is in 3.8.
    wscrolling through menus feels half the speed like before updating

DCEmu Newbie

yeah the memory stick problem was fixed in the fourth revision along with the other problems, I've gotta say it's a brilliant release an dark alex never disappoints when it comes a release of a new custom firmware, he's a very talented programmer.

I'm with wraggster,

I have no proplem with my current firmware, so why should I update?

Yes it is nice to have all the latest features buuuttt I'm lazy and cannot be bothered right now.
    Ahh well thats my lazy ass opinion

(O and before I get flamed for not appreciating D_A I think his contributions to the psp scene is amazing) lol kids

DCEmu Newbie

Not worth upgrading to.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information