Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UnOfficial gpSP kai-1 test svn rev 3.3 - GBA Emu for PSP

Blog Entries

psp UnOfficial gpSP kai-1 test svn rev 3.3 - GBA Emu for PSP

Takka has released a new version of his work on exophases GBA emulator for the PSP.

UnOfficial gpSP kai-1 test svn rev 3.3.

Two PSP communications for test.
    Transfer Dummy data after connection, then log be stored in MemoryStick.
    Games communication is not available.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

I'm looking forward to when we can get full ad hoc emulation support =D

I am looking forward to Exophase releasing HIS version, until then I will continue to shun this guys work, it may be a different build to Exophase's, but on many occasions he has asked for this stuff to not be worked on, it is his emu, after all, let the man update what he wants

Mike..

Well well well. *__*

Still no OFFICIAL gpSP... I will not use this crap.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mikebeaver View Post
    I am looking forward to Exophase releasing HIS version, until then I will continue to shun this guys work, it may be a different build to Exophase's, but on many occasions he has asked for this stuff to not be worked on, it is his emu, after all, let the man update what he wants

Mike..
    Sshhhhhh.....we need adhoc dude, by any means necessary.

DCEmu Newbie

Is he even making more releases? I think I remember this one time he got really pissed and threatened to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerman View Post
    Well well well. *__*

Still no OFFICIAL gpSP... I will not use this crap.
    someones working hard and releasing frequently and you say its crap..

hes far surpassed the official and has added many new features, cut the guy some slack.

yea i would agree with you if exophrase was releasing updates but hes not therefore the better guy is continuing the work. at the end of the day, this kai dude is releasing updates to us, hes not making money of it.

i say better not as in better coder, but whats better for the home brew and emulation community

DCEmu Newbie

Some of you guys need to get a life.I can't tell you how many post on other forums get cluttered with this same topic. Expose himself said he didn't care anymore so why should anybody else? It is a freaking emulator people albeit one of the best ones there is but still just an emulator.

DCEmu Coder

I'm not "exophrase" or "expose", I swear if you can't even get that right...

You can all argue about whether or not you should download this on principle, I really don't care, if software is worth using then use it.

But somehow no one ever really stops to actually consider what these releases do, probably because people usually don't even know. Seems to me that this is completely useless, and it's probably just out there to hype link emulation he doesn't have and hasn't actually moved any closer to implementing. What good is it going to do to have some test running on your PSP that fills your memstick full of logs when it doesn't actually do anything useful? Someone please explain this to me...

People see this stuff and are like OMG ADHOC SUPPORT IS COMING! Even though he's been pushing it for several months, you're just falling for pointless hype...

I wouldn't mind these kinds of releases if they actually served a purpose but they don't, but go ahead and praise him for "working hard", afterall he's releasing SOMETHING that you guys can see and I'm not and that's all that matters right?

There's lots I could have done for gpSP, and some I did do since 0.9, but I'm working on another emulator for now... and I'm tired of developing something for PSP users because too many of them don't have common sense and are total parasites. It's probably a lot easier being Takka because he didn't give out his AIM SN and he doesn't post on boards like this so he isn't bothered by annoying newbs every day asking how to install custom firmwares and run BIOSes and read readmes God knows what else.

Yeah I know I'm gonna get flamed for all of this but seriously try to take in what I'm saying. There's a difference between adding little things and making a releases whenever you feel like it and getting everyone to support you when they don't even understand what your changelog says, and actually dedicated work to making it much better.

But if I was working hard it'd still take me a long time because I've long since been done with the "easy" part of GBA emulation. The optimizations I have in mind are very serious endeavors. So I wouldn't be releasing frequently (I never have, because I believe in quality over quantity), and therefore according to maxipower Takka would still be "the better guy."

**** that.

I don't expect very many of you to really understand.

I'll still be working on my PC-Engine emulator, for a worse platform but a much better scene. I'll probably return to gpSP one day, despite how much its been dragged through the mud.
    http://gpsp-dev.blogspot.com/

I haven't quit gpSP, just put it on hiatus for a while.

Games like Super Mario Advance 3, Riviera and Sword of Mana actually DO work in gpSP, believe it or not. If they don't work for you then you're using the faulty BIOS. Don't argue with me, it's true; the sooner you accept this the sooner you can move on.

nicely said Exophase.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information