Thread: Setting up Bochs (win32 version) to run Windows 95

Blog Entries

Default Setting up Bochs (win32 version) to run Windows 95

Struggling to get Bochs working, heres an excerpt from a great tutorial:

In this tutorial I will try to describe how to set up Windows 95 in the Windows version of the Bochs x86 emulator. There are many ways to install it but I describe one of them. You will need the Windows 95 install CD in order to fully use this tutorial. Also this was tested on a Windows 2000 machine, and in the current (1.2.1) version (when this was written) does not support physical CD-ROM or floppy access under Windows 9x/ME, so if you're using one of those systems you'll have to find another solution like making a diskimage of the CD (which isn't covered in this tutorial).

http://www.multi.fi/~sgronroo/bochs/bochstut.htm

This is a good tutorial. Its the one I was using. The only problem is that its for an old version of bochs so its got some stuff that doesnt work right. This will help people a lot though!

DCEmu Newbie

I had to tweak my settings a little, but it is working! One suggestion is to set up a 95 image on your pc, install your software and tweaks to 95 via the pc, then copy the disk image back over to the psp. As long as you get your config files working and where they need to be then the image will boot up from either pc or psp. You can then copy the image back and forth as needed for updates and software installs.

The mouse isn't behaving at all, so I can't test anything. I doubt it's even worth the trouble until a faster version comes out....I just had to see if I could do it. Who knew my younger days with DOS would pay off!

i dont use a floppy drive in my computer. Does anyone know of a program that allows you to create images and just save them to a dir on the harddisk?

DCEmu Newbie

I used WinImage for the floppy and 95 disk. Just save them as .ima and rename them to .img

Thread Information