Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warcraft - Tower Defense v0.5

Blog Entries

NDS Warcraft - Tower Defense v0.5

Noda has released a new version of Warcraft : Tower Defense, a NDS adaptation of the famous Warcraft mod

Heres whats new:

Changelog:
    - PAFS version is gone, now only the fat/DLDI version is available
    + you can now use the arrow keys to select maps in the menu
    + added 5 automatic levels of difficulty for each map: it affects the life of the monsters, and the final score
    + options are now saved within the rom (require DLDI driver with write support)
    + in-game menu added
    + added possibility to restart the map in-game
    + added quicksave & exit in-game option so you can save your current game and finish it later (require DLDI driver with write support)
    + high-scores are now saved (require DLDI driver with write support)
    + high-scores can be viewed on the map selection screen (press L or R to switch minimap/high-scores)
    + small speedups here and there
    + added some new maps
    + new game icon
    = fixed some bugs
    = fixed Long Walk TD skeleton’s round

Short version: I need 200$ to buy a 2nd DS + flashcart to add multiplay :

Long story:
    I’ve said earlier that I would make a point on this, here it is. As you may have noticed, still no multiplayer in this release… Why?

I planned to add it during my year abroad in Montreal, but infortunately the friend who was planning to come with me (and with his DS) could not come… So with only 1 DS on my hand, adding multiplayer is impossible.

But there’s another problem now. In 2 months, I’ll be back in France and as I’ll have school finished, I’ll start working. I also plan to take a flat with my girlfriend. This means obviously, no more free time for homebrew development…

The good part is that I still have 2 months to implement multiplayer !! But I need a second DS to be able to do it… That’s where I need you. I need 200$ to buy a second DS + flashcart. That means, if 100 people each donate 2$, I can add multiplayer to WTD…

So it’s up to you now! I’ll do my best to add multiplay for a final version of my homebrew, but I need your support… Keep it mind that the faster I can bought the 2nd DS, the best chances are that multiplay will be up with plenty of options!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

what the ****?! the only homebrew that don't work on my g6real 2gb. it say's "DLDI patching", and in the lower right corner "loading.". then all that was on the lower screen moves to the upper screen. and then it freezes.

DCEmu Pro

i have never played this before. i think i will give it a try.

I'm going to try it out, too.
    Apparently it's good, but everyone's who had problems with it made me decide not to ever try it out.

And I live in Montreal.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mr game porter View Post
    what the ****?! the only homebrew that don't work on my g6real 2gb. it say's "DLDI patching", and in the lower right corner "loading.". then all that was on the lower screen moves to the upper screen. and then it freezes.
    That wouldn't be terribly strange, except for the fact that it also doesn't work on my CycloDS Evolution. I think we have a faulty release.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Markzilla View Post
    That wouldn't be terribly strange, except for the fact that it also doesn't work on my CycloDS Evolution. I think we have a faulty release.
    Not at all my good man, confirmed working on Supercard SD, basically patched with dldi, then put Maps and Editor in the root of the card, try that if you haven't already :thumbup:

Excellent release, I loved this the first time it came out and its got better since, although multiplayer isn't really a bother for me, but doing well!
    Last edited by elgoog; February 26th, 2008 at 22:24. Reason: Awful spelling and grammer - dear me

pretty cool game works great 4 me.

P.S Im using MMD!

lol this is the best homebrew ever. try manually patching it with dldi first.

Quote Originally Posted by elgoog View Post
    Not at all my good man, confirmed working on Supercard SD, basically patched with dldi, then put Maps and Editor in the root of the card, try that if you haven't already :thumbup:

Excellent release, I loved this the first time it came out and its got better since, although multiplayer isn't really a bother for me, but doing well!
    why the **************** would i put the editor on my flash card? lol.

DCEmu Newbie

I've never had a case where my card didn't automatically DLDI patch for me. It would be strange to have to start now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information