Thread: PSP UAE v0.31 kbd 0.1

Blog Entries

Smile PSP UAE v0.31 kbd 0.1

Attila has released a new build of the port of the Amiga emulator UAE with support although early for the Keyboard, heres what he says:

How the keyboard input works :
    - Press AND(!) HOLD the [] - Square button.
    - Press the Up / Down button ( on the left side of the PSP ) to change the selected key.
    - Press the Left / Right to jump to the beginning / end of the keylist.
    - Press the () - Circle button to actually "Press" the selected key. ( still holding the [] - square button ! )

At the moment no simultaneous key input is implemented ( like pressing a key while holding this and that ).
    I know this is not what you had in mind, but it kinda works for now... ;-)

I am designing the proper GUI... etc...

Cheers,
    Attila

Download from Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspuae.shtml

Hmmm, I was expecting an updtae from Chris before now, and when I saw this I got exited thinking that's what it was.

Great that it was done but keyboard support was not what I was hoping for next. i want to see about a 20% speed increase. I want it to run with a frame skip of 1 or 2 (hell 3 would be nice). At the moment it runs at 8 whcih makes most games unplayable.

Hopefully we will see a release from Chris with a speed update anday now, Or maybe this new guy Attilia will start working on speed improvments instead, either way i'll be happy.

DCEmu Newbie

Great work, Keyboard support was a necessitty. A lot of games require keyboard input to start. This makes the percentage of playable games increase. Which is just awesome. Now people should also be able to save in game by typing a file name. cool

can u tell me exactly how to save cuz when i go to save it says dfo0 or something like that. I cant seem to delete it and what do i change it to to save?

Hi,

I was thinking that UAE was using JIT/Dynarec to convert 68000 into Intel code on the fly on the PC version.
    When doing the porting to PSP, they didnt convert this module to MIPS ?

Well speed also depends on the level of accuracy you want to emulate I bet :-)

You want to have demos running you must have cycle accurate emulation.
    With a system of around 8 Mhz, it start to need a little bit of muscle to run on a PSP and compare to console emu, the graphic chipset is not really usefull except for bloc copy and hardware sprite of the Amiga may be

Now I think about it, the VRAM of the Amiga is quite complex with all these bitplanes and stuff. Humm... must be quite tough to emulate
    Copper and other audio chipset shoudnt be too hard.(probably far simpler than the Snes)

I wonder can I rip games from my Amiga 500 disks and run them straight on this thing? That would be cool becouse I have hundreds of them! *ah-ah* Some of they are brilliant!

great to see the keyboard improvment.
    thanks Attila & Chris for making AMIGA in the pocket for real!
    good luck with speeding up the PSP UAE emulator.

shomez, what it has to do with UAE? Find some other thread or make your own..

DCEmu Newbie

Uhm, am i missing something?

I had the old UAE version and just replaced the Eboot file with the new one that has keyboard support.
    But now it says "Corrupted data"?

(I have a 1.0 PSP)

Thread Information