Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Millenium Falcon Dreamcast

The panel is made from clear polystyrene plastic, you can buy sheets of it from hardware shops for fairly cheap, its good stuff as you can use it for almost everything.
    Yeah, i think the main reason i dont like it is the colour, i'll buy some matt grey closer to the colour of falcon, i'll start again as that controller is messed up.

Just to once again let people know that this project isnt dead, its going okay i havent really done much with it for a while but all hardware is together, everything is fully fitted, just wanna adjust a few things and add another fan. I decided to use blue cold cathodes for the 'engine' lights, they look much better than the LEDs. Also redesigned the flip top mechanism for the 4th time as it was a bit sticky.

sweet i cant wait to see your finished product/mod!

I love it so far, don't quit or if u do send it this way, I'll give ya some cash for it. I did not know that u could O/C the dreamcast, it seems I need to research this as a side note and take mine apart. I never had a reason to but the enterprise idea is a good one and I was thinking of doing it either to the NCC-1701 D or the B, I really want the B but finding a model of that...not sure I can. Anyway keep this going!!!

Probably the last update until i finally get round to putting everything together.

I painted the top first with an undercoat of grey then a sort of darker grey then masked off patches and did dark grey bits and light greay bits, then painted in the dark red sections and finished with a wash to give it that dirty battered look.

I will now definately overclock this dreamcast to 252Mhz, ive also greatly improved cooling for such a small case, the fan is now mounted on the side blowing air directly over the SH-4 and PVR2 and then out through concealed vents on the front.

I'll put the whole thing together and get some better pictures in a few weeks, it will then be finished.

Probably the last update until i finally get round to putting everything together.

I painted the top first with an undercoat of grey then a sort of darker grey then masked off patches and did dark grey bits and light greay bits, then painted in the dark red sections and finished with a wash to give it that dirty battered look.

I will now definately overclock this dreamcast to 252Mhz, ive also greatly improved cooling for such a small case, the fan is now mounted on the bottom far side blowing air directly over the SH-4 and PVR2 and then out through concealed vents on the front.

I'll put the whole thing together and get some better pictures in a few weeks, it will then be finished.

I once made a Mega Drive (Genesis) MF ^^
    it was simple, I just put the MD in there, cut a hole for the joystick in the front, a hole for the power and the tv cable, a hole for the power, a hole for the reset and a big hole for the cartidge.
    but yours is a real mod ^^

England - don't forget we invented the English language!

Just read the thread all the way through.

What a cool project!!

I wish I could do that.

Just realised i havent actually posted any final pics, i finished this ages ago and posted the pics over at dcemulation.com, i'll post them here when i get time.

i just remembered they were on photobucket, here are the finished pics:

I'm currently working on a Sega Saturn project, i'll post once its done.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information