Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Unnofficial Daedalus R14 Beta Released - Nintendo 64 Emulator for PSP

DCEmu Newbie

i will keep it very simple

THANK YOU WALLY:thumbup::thumbup:

thanks but no thanks.. ill stick with R13 but i congratulate you with the effort

Quote Originally Posted by Exophase View Post
    I criticize him because as far as I know he's just releasing StrmnNrmn's work (others are claiming otherwise, but until the source is actually released like it's supposed to be no one can really know - if I see Wally I'll ask him) and what he's doing doesn't seem to be very practical anyway. Look at what people have been reporting, so far nothing good, just that it breaks things. Because it was a work in progress and not completed.

Maybe you're mad at StrmnNrmn but he has no obligations to anyone, and someone else releasing his stuff that wasn't finished isn't a good solution. I don't think very many people are in this for respecting homebrew coders or whatever, what gets respect is any glimmer of hope that the software they want improved the most will be improved. It happens over and over again. Do you remember Shifty's "release" of Daedalus? Made a bunch of claims that it improved things. Actually it was just a renamed binary. All to get attention. And it did get attention, it got tons of praise (and even people who did think it was faster) before people really looked into what was going on.

You know, just because he's busy with other things doesn't mean he has no intentions of working on it again. Do you remember that he's disappeared for several months before then came back? When important things come up side projects get thrown aside and even spending "5 minutes" to inform this community is opening yourself up to some pretty bothersome people.
    I completely agree with you Exophage. By the way, Shinning Soul I and II don't work. I do have the correct BIOS. The games crash the system and exit me to the XMB. Kingdom Hearts freezes when the cinema (messed up colors) is playing.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by wally View Post
    Oh and Tinnus, you never released your source xD
    You mean the one UO I did of Daedalus time ago? That was just a find-replace of ReadBuffer with PeekBuffer, literally nothing else, and I stated that when I released it, so it counts as a diff :P

For Exophase and Tinnus both, I do apologise for any problems I have put you both through thank you for your support though.
    No problem, I'm glad you got stuff covered. I was just actually mad at people that were saying wraggster was "wrong" for "breaching" the "exclusivity" thing which IMO (and, technically, due to the GPL as well) wasn't right in the first place.

DCEmu Coder

The only reason I released this was because I care so much about this project, I thought people would love to have this as StrmnNrmn has been too busy doing other things in life. I originally thought this would happen (The entire thing blow up in my face unless all those bugs were squashed) however I got a bit impatient and bugs started to annoy the living daylights out of me and yeah it happened.
    Of course, I've talked to you about this before and I completely understand why you did it. I just don't really think it was a good move, but at this point there's not really a lot "good" that can be done aside from wait for StrmnNrmn to come back and say or do something (which I'm sure he will eventually, but maybe not)

As for Exophase.com, it's dedicated to you Exophase Read the bottom of the page, im sure x3sphere would explain it to you on #exo (irc.malloc.us)
    Actually this is all a big fabrication c_c I noticed the website a few days after they changed their name to exophase.com and IMed someone on my buddy list about it, he just happened to know x3sphere and he had access to the site too, he asked me if I wanted him to change the name of the site. I figured instead I'd try to reverse the situation and had him add that disclaimer (in reality the site had nothing to do with me, I think they just liked the handle for whatever reason... o_o)

A few people have fallen for this subtle lie but actually most people don't notice that disclaimer anyway x_x I had the opportunity to get them to change it and I didn't, and the result has sorta come back to bite me in the ass ;P

Quote Originally Posted by fpcreator2000 View Post
    By the way, Shinning Soul I and II don't work. I do have the correct BIOS. The games crash the system and exit me to the XMB. Kingdom Hearts freezes when the cinema (messed up colors) is playing.
    Exophase is posting in this topic, let's ask for gpSP help :> Shining Soul I/II will work if you set iwram_stack_optimize to off in game_config.txt. If you can read that and figure out how to do so then the prize will be yours!
    http://gpsp-dev.blogspot.com/

I haven't quit gpSP, just put it on hiatus for a while.

Games like Super Mario Advance 3, Riviera and Sword of Mana actually DO work in gpSP, believe it or not. If they don't work for you then you're using the faulty BIOS. Don't argue with me, it's true; the sooner you accept this the sooner you can move on.

Just so you guys know I released the beta I have had for months that works great. It's just as fast as Wally's and it is a little more stable and without the debug menu poping up. If anyone is interested it's on my site, enjoy!

http://www.strmnnrmn.com/

he is not lying either it is sweet i love his version of it
    good job CPM4

in all honesty there is nothing wrong with this. strmnnrmn probably wouldn't have any problems with this either considering that he released his source. as long as people keep these modified versions labeled unofficial i don't think anyone minds. you don't have to show "coder loyalty". everyone wants a program that runs better than the previous one. if he had a problem i don't think he would release the source.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan4 View Post
    Just so you guys know I released the beta I have had for months that works great. It's just as fast as Wally's and it is a little more stable and without the debug menu poping up. If anyone is interested it's on my site, enjoy!

http://www.strmnnrmn.com/
    Lying again Morgan?

Wally

P.S Not that it matters just don't take credit for the build you didn't build
    Last edited by Wally; May 28th, 2008 at 00:11.

DCEmu Newbie

yeaa morgan is lieing it isnt r14 its r13 lmao.
    Last edited by buugtdbgt; May 28th, 2008 at 04:52.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information