Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Release] Wolfenstein 3D V5.1 Beta - Sound Tempo Fixed, New GameLoader & More!

Thumbs up [Release] Wolfenstein 3D V5.1 Beta - Sound Tempo Fixed, New GameLoader & More!

So after I finally got my ass into gear, we now have Wolfenstein V5.1 beta released

Why is it a beta ?

Well my tester Da1writer is currently moving house and thus I have only being able to test this myself. So it could be buggy, things could have broken etc.

Also I haven't added most of the requested features yet. As I want to see if the main fixes are stable first so bug tracking will be easier.

What are the changes ?

Well a few major ones

1st : The sound tempo is now how people remember it. There is still debate whether or not this is correct, and that Windows 98 or Dosbox could be running the game too slow, but to be honest It doesn't bother me. I want to make the game play how you remember it.

2nd : The Saving/Loading corruption bug has being fixed. This has not being tested thoroughly and may still be broken or buggy. I really need you guys to test the hell out of this for me

3rd : The Game Loader has been Re-Written from scratch. It now has a much neater GUI and also now sports a Confirm option. So you don't press X by mistake, load the wrong game and have to go all the way to the xmb and start over.

Also, Music and sound effects have been removed from the Game Loader to make the download smaller and to save more space on your Memory stick

Note : The confirm box in the middle only shows after you press X on the game you want to load , Pressing O goes back, the box goes away and you can pick a different game. Thanks to Roscharch for the image and idea!

Here is a screenshot of the new Game Loader :

Here is the ChangeLog For V5.1 Beta :

- Re-Wrote gameloader so it doesn't use fixed paths. You can now put Wolf_3D in any game folder . - Zack.
    - Full Re-Write Of Gameloader. No music or sound effects and faster game selection (+ smaller download size as a result). - Zack.
    - Added "Confirm" Option to Gameloader. It now confirms you want to load the game so if you press it by mistake on the wrong game you don't have to reset to xmb and start over. - Zack.
    - Save/Load bug fixed (we think). - Chilly Willy.
    - Music now plays at tempo most remember it at. - Zack.
    - Difficulty selection bug fixed. - Zack.
    So please test this hard! And report any bugs here or at the thread on RetroEmu.

Source Included as usual, but now in a separate zip file to save download file size for people who have no interest in source code

Note : Wolf3D Floppy patch (attached below) is still needed for users that use the Wolf3D Floppy files.

Enjoy

Screenshot of Wolf3D for those that don't know what it is :

Via RetroEmu.com

Download & Give Feedback Via Comments
    Last edited by Zack; September 19th, 2008 at 14:53.
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

Great release man, it's come a long way! Trying it out now.
    Come Visit Homebrew Heaven, Where you'll find the latest gaming news and downloads!

View My Coding Blog

The Return of The Lounge!
    Mario Gold Rush
    Current C++ Project: To be Announced soon on Homebrew Heaven

Currently Coding in: C++ for the PSP

Quote Originally Posted by Safari Al View Post
    Great release man, it's come a long way! Trying it out now.
    Thanks man

Be sure to report any bugs please.

Gremlin Interactive

PSP User

Is the full game included, or do I need to find my own files from my basement? If I do, than what files do I need to find/purchase for what game?

DCEmu Newbie

Hello Zak,
    this version (5.1) just works fine !

The saving-bug seems to be history - i saved & loaded in different floors of wolfenstein & sod and it worked perfect for me, no more corrupted saves.

The music sounds clear and is at the right speed - how far i can say.

The GUI is much better and works flawless.

This is really one of the best PSP-Ports ever,
    keep up your good work !

Greetings from germany,
    Fredd543

P.S.: @that1guywiththeface: There's only the Shareware-Versions included due to copyright.
    You can use the floppy or cd-version of wolfenstein - check out the readme and use google -
    you will find what you need!
    Last edited by Fredd543; September 20th, 2008 at 14:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredd543 View Post
    Hello Zak,
    this version (5.1) just works fine !

The saving-bug seems to be history - i saved & loaded in different floors of wolfenstein & sod and it worked perfect for me, no more corrupted saves.

The music sounds clear and is at the right speed - how far i can say.

The GUI is much better and works flawless.

This is really one of the best PSP-Ports ever,
    keep up your good work !

Greetings from germany,
    Fredd543

P.S.: @that1guywiththeface: There's only the Shareware-Versions included due to copyright.
    You can use the floppy or cd-version of wolfenstein - check out the readme and use google -
    you will find what you need!
    Thanks for the kind words.

I am delighted to hear the game now seems to be bug free. It has taken a long time and a lot of work to reach this stage

Can others please please please post letting me know how it works for them. So far this has not happened.

I really need to know if anyone encountered any bugs and I also need to know if they didn't.

Gremlin Interactive

Hmm...All I got was it taking me back to the XMB in whatever folder I put it in. (I deleted the whole previous folder before extracting this one.)

I downloaded it straight from my PSP though so that could be the issue.

Lemme load it on via USB connection to my computer and I'll see what happens then.

EDIT: Ok, that was the problem. PSP Filer must corrupt ZIP archives with many folders or something. Works pretty nice.

There are still a few sounds that could be fixed, but everything else looks and sounds like near perfection. Very awesome job!

EDIT 2: Just saved on E1F1 and it loaded just fine. Sweetness!
    Last edited by AshTR; September 20th, 2008 at 23:11.

Quote Originally Posted by AshTR View Post
    EDIT: Ok, that was the problem. PSP Filer must corrupt ZIP archives with many folders or something. Works pretty nice.
    You have that problem every time man :rofl:

Glad to know it's working great for you

Thanks for letting me know.

Gremlin Interactive

DCEmu Newbie

Moinsen

nice work Zak last version (5.0) is always
    crashed^^ this version runs perfekt .. and Fullscreen Thx ...

Smile

haven't used it yet but, looks good. thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information