Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Traveller, online RPG

Here is the latest screenshot, I've dumped the old interface leaving the entire PSP screen available for gaming. I have completed the display of other players on the server, bar an initial object set upon connection, and appear messages for when the client moves(at the moment other players are only displayed when THEY move). Both of these are minor changes, and so soon I should be able to start work on actual gameplay.

First of all, merry xmas to everyone! Did anyone else get snow today, as we had a few inches overnight.

Traveller is coming along nicely, and I've sorted display of other clients(completely), although actions are still TODO. I've also whipped up a quick scrolling notice box, for messages from the server or other players to be displayed(will take input via F.O.S.K once I get it intergrated).

Another little addition, which is totally cosmetic is a little loading screen, with the Traveller logo on. Certainly looks alot better than printf eh.

Expect more and more to be added over the next few days, and over the new year. I'm having great fun coding this

Startup screen:

Ingame display of using the scrollbox to display a 'MOTD' from the server:

(>.<) yehrrrrrr
    This looks nice (O.O)

Oh this looks nice =) its making me want to go buy a wirless router just so I can play it.
    One thing I wanted to mention do you need like people to help you work on it? I can make sprites and things like that.

DCEmu Newbie

Will this be the first online homebrew?

Well, here comes one hell of an update . The Traveller game engine has been completely re-written from the base up, so as now to provide fluid movement in a 2D environment, dynamic loading of tilesets for both animation and sprite rotation, aswell as the base for a particle system for sexy weapon/engine effects. Below is the most recent screenshot, and you can check out the progress as it has been happening over the last few weeks at the blog(http://www.othala.co.uk/travellerBlog/).

DCEmu Rookie

Looking pretty sweet and I shouldnt really be posting this in PSP forums but a DS Opera Browser is coming out and I was wondering if you could make a DS one too...possibly...

I'm sorry, Traveller is coded in C(I was not going to use HTML For the client originally, just the HTTP network protocol, which I've now dumped) and I've not got a DS to hand

DCEmu Rookie

Oh...I see...Keep up the good work anyway!

Here's another update regarding the particle system. As you can see the particle generators are now able to be linked on origin or destination to an entity, allowing for the base of weapon effects

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information