Page 45 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: MAP THIS! version 0.461S (beta) with support for PSP-290 GPS accessory

DCEmu Newbie

deniska i have noticed something about initlocation, i think it is used to apply different strategies to startup.

Probably:
    0- Coldstart
    1- Warmstart
    2- Hotstart

and here it goes some info about these states (estracted from other gps manual):

Coldstart
    In coldstart the GPS receiver has no knowledge of the last position or time. This is the case
    when no almanac or ephemeris data is available.

Warmstart
    A warmstart is performed when the receiver has access to a valid almanac data and has not
    significantly moved since the last position has been taken. This is typically the case if the
    receiver has been shut down for more then 2 hours, but still has knowledge of its last position,
    time and almanac. However, because the ephemeris data is invalid, the receiver needs to
    wait till it has received this data.

Hotstart
    A hotstart is performed when the receiver still has access to valid ephemeris data and precise
    time. The receiver can predict the currently visible satellites and therefore a position can be
    calculated quicker.

I hope these can be usefull

Yeah, that makes sence.. thanks for pointing that out.. I usually use "1" so it knows the satellite's angles and usually connects faster...
    The data seems to be stored at the root of the memory stick after each session...

Default MapThis beta 0.48

Here is yet another beta, since people still complain about the crashes... (psp-290 only)

I recompiled the png lib with some optimizations and disabled console messages..
    Also implemented alpha sort in the map/poi menus...
    Note that the sort is case sensitive event though the display is always in caps. So you may still "push" certain items up/down by changing the letter case...

Anyway, please test and give feedback...
    You need to install it on top of ...047 version (on page 42)

In regards to shutdowns that people reported - after each shutdown there is a small chance that your MS got corrupted, so if you continue getting them even with new binary, this could be due to problems reading a corrupted map.. To remedy, consider formatting the MS and reinstalling the map...

This is still a beta, so things can happen ;-)

! For now, make sure that your maps are converted to gpsfs format.. ie all subfolders with map imagery should be compressed in 5 gpsfs* files..
    Some people reported problems opening "unzipped" maps with new version...

DCEmu Newbie

thx deniska!!

DCEmu Newbie

I think seting a way to "flush" gps info and/or forcing
    a coldstart could solve some problems getting sats and fixes.

perhaps you could add an option or someting

Thanks a lot for your work

Quote Originally Posted by harpik View Post
    I think seting a way to "flush" gps info and/or forcing
    a coldstart could solve some problems getting sats and fixes.

perhaps you could add an option or someting

Thanks a lot for your work

One can manually delete the gps_init_data.bin in the root of MS and change initdata flag in the config.txt file..

ok i got fw version 3.10 oe-a' and i got my mapviewer in GAME folder, in the Mapviewer folder i got my 5 gpsfs files gpsfs, gpsfs1, gpsfs2, gpsfs3, and gpsfs4, and i got my prx files from fw 3.10 tell me what iam doing wrong. it used to work until i upgraded my mapviewer to .47s, and ever since it has not worked.

Formating the memory card does fix the freeze up during map loading, but CRAP I forgot to back up game saves.... Oh well I will remember next time. Thanks for the great app. deniska I just got my GPS today and it is great I am building a ton of maps now. I have the Geodata for WV if anyone needs it. Also quick question I know it is off topic but I live in a tri-state area is there anyway to add more than one geodata to a map?

DCEmu Newbie

Hi Deniska,

The new version is less stable for me than the last version you made (.47). I don't really know why though. But, I think I only had one crash with .47 that I noted, I don't think it crashed any other time. Just wondering though, how come the version still says .46 in the help window?

Quote Originally Posted by wvstephens View Post
    Also quick question I know it is off topic but I live in a tri-state area is there anyway to add more than one geodata to a map?
    You should be able to create a geodata.dat file for the entire tri-state area (or whatever your map span is).. just "play" with the options in the latest gmdl tool...
    I had no problems creating NY-NJ map just recently..

Thread Information