Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iR Shell 1.4 Released with Face Lift

PSP Coder

psp iR Shell 1.4 Released with Face Lift

iR Shell 1.4 Released
    The multi-tasking iR Shell finally gets a face lift. Besides playing UMD game while listening to your favorite mp3 and doing adhoc WiFi file transfer simultaneously, you can now choose your own custom skin. This is a major update to iR Shell with many new features added.

iR Shell with various skins

List of new features:
    1. Added support for user defined skins. Finally, you can get rid of the RED background with your own custom skin. Refer to the Configurator section for details.
    2. Added Game Save Viewer for viewing game save details. This will useful for locating the specific game save and send it via adhoc WiFi to your friends PSP before a adhoc battle.
    3. DIR View has been enhanced to work as a real file browser with file size and free space left.
    4. Added File Manipulation functions, including Delete, Rename & Create Directory. These functions may work differently according to the current views you're on. Example, if you're under "DIR View", rename will allow you to rename the actual file or directory. If you're under "APP View", rename will rename the Application Name embedded within the EBOOT.PBP file. Note, the Delete function is extremely powerful as it allows deleting a complete directory tree. If you delete "ms0:/PSP, then all your homebrews, photos, music & gamesave will be gone. Use it cautiously. To protect accidental deletion, you can use Configurator to add password to protect the use of File Manipulation functions.
    5. Added support on RunUMD.
    6. Added a Configurator program to support vaious customization and skin browsing.
    7. Added password protection on iR Shell usage. You can customize it under Congigurator. You can also manally lock iR Shell by pressing Right Trigger + Circle. The default password is NULL, that is, just press START for enter.
    8. The previous versions of Adhoc WiFi file transfer has a poor performance on Sony Memory Stick. This new version will boost the Sony MS speed to be on par with Sandisk. Thanks to AnonymousTipster for suggesting the fix.
    9. A new central iR Shell directory is added, you should move the corresponding files to the new directory:
    - ms0:/IRSHELL : main iR Shell cental directory
    - ms0:/IRSHELL/SKINS : for putting various skins
    - ms0:/IRSHELL/IRCODES : all IR Codes (RDF files) should be moved to here
    - ms0:/IRSHELL/HOMEBREW : homebrew dir has been moved from /PSP/GAME/HOMEBREW to here. You should place a valid EBOOT.PBP here to be launched with Right Analog shortcut.
    - ms0:/IRSHELL/SNAPSHOT : snapshot directory has been moved from /PSP/SNAPSHOT to here.

Configurator:
    A new Configurator program is added which allows various customization as follows:
    1. Setting of CPU Speed between 100, 222, 266 & 333.
    2. Choice of various date format display.
    3. To show or hide IR Remote Sub-directories under iR Remote View (RDF View).
    4. Customize the pre-defined homebrew name for Right Analog Pad. If not defined, it will say "Launch Predefined Homebrew". The pre-defined homebrew directory is now moved from /PSP/GAME/HOMEBREW/EBOOT.PBP to /IRSHELL/HOMEBREW/EBOOT.PBP.
    5. Enable Password Mode to allow prompting of password upon iR Shell startup.
    6. Enable Password Protection for accessing "File Manipulation" functions.
    7. Enable Password Protection for accessing Configurator.
    8. Change the current password. You'll be prompted for the original password. If you haven't defined any password, the default is NULL (just press start for old password).
    9. Skin Browser allows you to choose 1 of the prefined skins. Press CROSS the preivew skin and follow on-screen instructions to install. Each skin is compose of 5 files as follow:
    - irshell.bmp : iR Shell Main Menu Background
    - ircomm.bmp : iR Remote Default Background (default background will be display when no other bitmap defined for the remote)
    - irscfg.bmp : iR Configurator Background
    - color.def : Color definition file. Use any text editor to make changes to color value. All color values are in RGB.
    - color.cfg : After making changes to the color.def file, you'll need to compile it and generate this color.cfg by going to the preview skin mode and press CIRCLE. The color.cfg will be the one used by iR Shell during runtime.

All bitmap files can either be 256 color or 24-bit color with resolution of 480 x 272.

Special thanks to all beta testers, especially StoneCut, Triable, Rangedunits, Skydew & AnonymousTipster for the extensive beta testing and bug hunting.

Pls visit my homepage to download
    http://www.ahman.co.nr

The Pronto Codes have been updated, you can download Pronto Codes v1.3 in the above link. If you've made any nice skins, please upload & post it in my forum to be shared.

Download also Via Comments

PSP User

This is an excellent release!! Great work! I love this shell!

PSP Coder

No, all homebrew should still be installed under /PSP/GAME. iR Shell supports a shortcut key to launch a single predefined homebrew via pressing Analog Right. That predefined homebrew used to locate at /PSP/GAME/HOMEBEW/EBOOT.PBP, and is now moved to /IRSHELL/HOMEBREW/EBOOT.PBP.

PSP User

Yep I got it. I just realized it because I hadn't known about this feature before this version. Awesome job!

I just gotta agree! Best shell to date and is always improving with each update! Man i love using it! Thanks alot AhMan

NICE JOB!! but an idea..... you could give your source or something and you could add tis feature wid psp oss! so start a song from psp oss and it keeps playing on in a game! that would be great! anywayz GREAT JOB MAN GREAT JOB!!!

this is da shiznat!

Does this use kxploit because I cant get it running on the 2.6 firmware. By the way, ive never used this app before so excuse my ignorance.

my question is like bullheads.. can we use this on 2.6 i myself have used the first 1 before i upgraded...i made the sacrifice of 1.5 to 2.6 so i could better serve the new comers here at dcemu in testing and getting thins running
    n-such... i would test this on 2.6 before posting this but with the strange sub-directory approach im not as confident as i could be...i would appreciate it if someone WHO REALLY KNOWS could confirm if this works on 2.6
    and because i here this sh%t alot! " 1.5 is better your dumb ..or your a newb." ..well guess what WE are not dumb SOME OF US are helping the community, MORE THAN THAT WE ARE FAR FROM NEWBS!!!LOL DO YOUR HOMEWORK!
    i like everyone and respect them reguardless..period...so please have a lil for me
    ( keep the negitive too your self or e-mail your im-maturity if your a bios person whom thinks " they are better than anyone because of there firmware version...if you fit this description...thats not pride....its prejutice...and im laughing at how rediculous you are..right now...if this does not apply to you then im sorry...

IR Shell is one of the best programs that i've ever used before. Who wouldn't want to use their psp as a remote for cable, tv, dvd, then play homebrew and listen to music at the same time. And then you can transfer files through ad-hoc with friends or others with psps.
    This is probably the most useful homebrew app i've seen and i can't thank you guys enough.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information