Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Wii internet access from today

Blog Entries

Rev Free Wii internet access from today

Opera has unleashed a free trial version of its internet browser for you to download to your shiny new Wii, with the full version currently scheduled for late March 2007.

The download takes full advantage of the wavy Remote, allowing simple browsing by pointing the controller at the screen.

We'll let Ninty's Big Reggie Fils-Aime fill you in with the details: "Opera on Wii adds a new dimension and functionality to a video game console system. It's a unique Web experience that everyone can use, and the Intelligent Zoom feature allows consumers to read Web content on the TV from the comfort of their couch."

Opera has even knocked together a short cartoon letting you know how to use the simple software, which is available from the Wii Shopping Channel.

We've been told that if you don't download it free by June 30, 2007 you can expect to spend 500 Wii points, so take a break from accidentally hitting grandma in the face whilst playing Wii Tennis and have a crack at Opera while it's available.

via cvg

Thumbs up yes!1

If you have a wii there's no reason not to get this browser . It does flash and google video's youtube video's' in fact im posting this on my wii as we speak. Its the bombdigity

Blog Entries

I've been playing with it most've today (from 1am), GoogleVideo and YouTube works fine on it...

...so far it seems to be the best console web-browser i've used, it's very easy to use with the Wii-Remote!

@ shadowprophet - I don't know my password for here to come here on my Wii, I just have auto-login on my pc... I envy you for knowing your password! lol

DCEmu Newbie

not to bad. the zoom is nice for reading the small txt. it's fairly easy to type. as you do it gives you suggestions for the words you type.

deon

Free internet browser trial but it's misleading to say free internet access.

Cool you should speak to kaiser about that bro :) im sure he could help :)

Quote Originally Posted by VampDude View Post
    I've been playing with it most've today (from 1am), GoogleVideo and YouTube works fine on it...

...so far it seems to be the best console web-browser i've used, it's very easy to use with the Wii-Remote!

@ shadowprophet - I don't know my password for here to come here on my Wii, I just have auto-login on my pc... I envy you for knowing your password! lol
    Normaly id suggest you simply change your password, but since you dont know it, theres no way to confirm the old one to change it . but i really implore you to speak to kaiser about this, because the very seconed your browser loses it's cookies that would be a real pian for you
    still though if you tried to login with just any password' the server should auto mail you a temp pass so you can login and change it to what you want .
    trust me on this lol it happened to me once lol .

wow i cant believe i typed all this on my wii, and it was relitively painless too the wii virtual kb is kinda nice

Smile believe it or not.

I had a little more to post in that last one, but my text field ran out of space :/ didnt mean to double post, this was just to let you guys know my last post seems to be about the limit of text one may post with the wii browser :/

i want a wii even more now they are all sold out till january:@

ps can someone tell me if this works www.dv.ouou.com/swf/ouou.swf?id=38d7f45b93803 ... its lost season 3 episode 6 and can you tell me if this works cause if they do im keeping some christmas money and im buying a wii as soon as one is avalible also i dont really care about loading times on these videos just as long as they work

Thumbs up cool :)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmc3stripe View Post
    i want a wii even more now they are all sold out till january:@

ps can someone tell me if this works www.dv.ouou.com/swf/ouou.swf?id=38d7f45b93803 ... its lost season 3 episode 6 and can you tell me if this works cause if they do im keeping some christmas money and im buying a wii as soon as one is avalible also i dont really care about loading times on these videos just as long as they work http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrxp2_white-chicks1
    The first link said could not find remote server , but the seconed link worked nicely! I thank you by the way, it's a really nice link

hm, my youtube isnÄt working anymore, anyone an idea? some hours ago i watched some films and no i get an error like my javascript is too old, dailymotion and googlevideo are working...i dunno, any one an idea why it isn't working anymore?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information