Alex Seropian recently left Disney Interactive to form his own mobile studio, Industrial Toys, but prior to that Seropian was a co-founder at Bungie. Now that Bungie has handed the hit Halo franchise over to Microsoft, some are wondering if the Redmond giant can do the series justice. Seropian recently told GameSpot that he believes the series is in good hands.
"I don't think I can be anything other than hopeful that it will be great. We'll see. Halo is one of the crown jewels in the Microsoft gaming IP, if not the crown jewel, so you would expect nothing less than for them to take the time needed and apply the resources needed to make it great," said Seropian.
"I would be pretty surprised if they wiffed it. Maybe it will bring a fresh perspective, and that's so hard because there's so many fans that are used to a particular thing that bringing something new is often…it's hard to bring something new to a franchise that's so established. I'm looking forward to it."
Seropian left Bungie in 2002, a year after the release of Halo on the original Xbox, so he's been an outsider of the title's continuing development.
"I've been an observer for a while now. So much has gone on with the franchise. I will say the encouraging thing is that I know a lot of the folks at Microsoft working on it and they are great people. I'm very hopeful that the team there is very fantastic. They are certainly treating it with a lot of care and respect. And applying the resources you'd like to see applied to a franchise like that. I'm hopeful that it will continue to bring the high production value and cool experiences it's known for," he added.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...-wiffed-halo-4