Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No plans to cut PS3 price, says Sony

ps3 No plans to cut PS3 price, says Sony

via Games Industry

Sony Corp. has put an end to rumours that a PlayStation 3 price drop is imminent, with president Ryoji Chubachi stating that there are "no immediate plans" to introduce a cut.

The rumours emerged following an advertisement from US retailer Circuit City which indicated that SCEA was to cut USD 100 off the price of the console. An official announcement was expected next week at the E3 Media and Business Summit.

But according to Bloomberg, Chubachi has said there are "no immediate plans as of now" to reduce the price.

He added that any decisions regarding the price point of PlayStation 3 "is a matter" for the gaming arm of the business, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Chubachi also said that Sony Corp. is looking likely to meet its operating margin target of 5 per cent for the year ending March 2008.

And one week later....

Blog Entries

Well SONY have well and truly doomed themselves this time, it is such a pity that they have the only machine on the market selling less than the other two machines because SONY have been in the videogaming market for a long time now so they know exactly how to have the best selling machine on the market. I mean look at the Wii, it's not the most advanced machine but it was released at the right price of £179.99 whereas the PS3 the most advanced games console came into the gaming world at a whopping £439.99...

...I reckon £329.99 is a price SONY should look at for the UK market, which is roughly the price the PS2 first arrived in the UK at!

The only reason the Wii is so cheap is because its a modified Gamecube.

No plans to buy a PS3, says JKKDARK

We all know ur opinion JKKDARK, you make it clear in every single thread

I have both so I would know whats cheap and whats not. Ever wonder why Nintendo can sell the Wii at $300 and make a profit? Well lets see, the Gamecube costs $99 now, so if we say the Wii is a modified Gamecube...ya, that would be why Nintendo is making tons of money.

Microsoft on the other hand is in the same boat as Sony. Only difference is Microsoft is using cheap parts so they don't lose as much money. Plus the fact they don't have a Blu-ray player, wifi or Cell processor also saves them money (oh and Xbox Live recoups some losses). Now Microsoft needs to spend 1 billion dollars to X360 repairs, so don't think their gonna drop the price of the console anytime soon as it would still be cheaper than PS3, and if people are still buying whats the point?

I agree with $niper the wii is a modified gamecube I love my ps3 and all the people that says the ps3 is a bad system iz wrong wait 1 more year

I agree with $niper the wii is a modified gamecube I love my ps3 and all the people that says the ps3 is a bad system iz wrong wait 1 more year

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information