Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP MAME4ALL v4.9r1 Hires (5/11/07)

Default PSP MAME4ALL v4.9r1 Hires (5/11/07)

TTYMAN has been a busy bee and has released the latest version of his excellent mame emulator for the PSP: http://ttyman.free.fr/?p=14#comment-2267 :thumbup:

Here's what the readme has to say:

Install directions:

- Copy in /PSP/GAME (firmware 1.5) or /PSP/GAME150 (firmware 1.5 compatibility for 3.xx OE release);
    There are three different builds in archive:
    1) PSP-100x (psp_mame4all_v4.9r1);
    2) PSP-100x without neogeo and cps1 support (psp_mame4all_v4.9r1-fat-noneogeo-nocps1);
    3) PSP-200x (psp_mame4all_v4.9r1-slim);
    Use psp_mame4all_v4.9r1 as installation base, then replace EBOOT.PBP with your needed/preferred build;
    - Recreate zipped roms with included ClrMame compatible .DAT files (v0.34-v0.36 mixed roms);
    - Add created zipped roms files in ROMs subfolder and samples in samples subfolder;
    Samples must be in .sam old Mame pre-v0.35 format, downloadable from http://www.mameworld.net/samples/sam.htm

Specific Features:

- Based on latest GP2X MAME4All release v4.9;
    - 480×272 full PSP Hires Support, now games with >320 orizz. and >240 vert. pixels are fully playable (Loderun, Galaga etc.);
    - Overclock support, from 133 to 333 MHz;
    - Fixed, Fixed Divided by 2, Software Scaled and Software Full Screen Stretched resolutions (all maximum 480×272);
    - Frameskip as GP2X version (fixed 0-5, auto 1-5);
    - Vsync on/off;
    - Save configuration support, default and per game;
    - 22KHz with 16 voices predefined sounds, 33KHz and 44KHz frequencies with 4, 8 and 16 voices combinations added;
    - Preliminary analog support;
    - Autocentering fix for all resolutions;
    - Optimized compiled code as derived from GP2X version, but for PSP cpu (fastest graphics core!);
    - Stripped & Packed executable, only 2.1MB;
    - Original graphics theme from Gold edition;
    - Music in menu (filename music.psp in data folder), in these supported formats: .MOD, .S3M, .IT, .XM and .OGG;
    - Added, as bonus, 1st classified OldSkool at Assembly 2007 Music Competition (Commodore 64 based), in .OGG format;
    - Graphic theme 480×272 BMP skins support, both pspmenu480.bmp and pspsplash480.bmp in folder skins;

Specific Controls:

- Button SELECT: Insert credits.
    - Button START: Play.
    - Button HOME: after Pause exit game and return to menu.
    - Buttons L+R: Activate/deactivate screen fixed/fixed div2/scale/stretch.
    - Buttons L+R pressed during one second: Pause.
    - Buttons L+HOME simultaneously: Reset emulation.

Fixed from 4.7r3 (same as 4.8r1 unreleased)

- Crash when sampled used.
    - Unified builds, thanks to new Z80 core, Mame 0.53 based, compatible with system16, neogeo and classic roms.
    - Implemented PSP-2000 (slim) specific support, so double memory available to load roms, thanks to keiich-san code.

Download HERE and Give feeback via comments.

DCEmu Regular

Sorry for the Nooby question so this allows you to run all games in one emu? (Instead of the Regular & Gold Version)

EDIT:Yes it does!
    Doh can anyone run TMNT?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    Doh can anyone run TMNT?

A friend of mine just texted me and also said that tmnt no longer seems to work (on a phat psp). The game boots but then goes to a black screen and shuts down.

I'll test my games out later and report back. :thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Default which games work best?

ive not tried this emu yet but i would love to, but can anyone tell me which games run at full or nearly full speed please? if theres loads then just the best ones =)
    thanks

The Sound on Shinobi is a little strange now... but good news - Outrun now boots up! ...although its a tad slow and the music sounds like $#@!e! lol

Pang and robocop play spot on though some I'm v happy!

DCEmu Newbie

how about rodland? =))) awesome game

The samples now defo work as Zaxxon, galaxian, galaga etc and really do sound perfect. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by qskint View Post
    It still crashes with sound turned on . ...works fine with it disabled though.

Quote Originally Posted by qskint View Post
    Yep damn right! Probably the best cute-single-screen platformer ever. But who's cares about the arcade version? It sucks compared to the Amiga version (which is the best there is). Too bad it doesn't play well at all with PSPUAE. If you want a really PSP-compatible version then try out Rodland for Atari St. It's very similar to the Amiga version 'cept for the music. And it plays awesome with no skipping at all

Oh, and btw: Awesome release! I love MAME!

Has anyone got Bubble Bobble to work? it did 2 builds ago, but I can't get super or regular to run anymore

Other than that almost everything is running very well - nice work

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Modem View Post
    Yep damn right! Probably the best cute-single-screen platformer ever. But who's cares about the arcade version? It sucks compared to the Amiga version (which is the best there is). Too bad it doesn't play well at all with PSPUAE. If you want a really PSP-compatible version then try out Rodland for Atari St. It's very similar to the Amiga version 'cept for the music. And it plays awesome with no skipping at all
    The arcade rocked, but the Amiga game was the kick ass version! :thumbup: ..and your correct Rodland plays very well indeed on Castaway on the PSP. It's one of my all time favs from that era.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Lin View Post
    Has anyone got Bubble Bobble to work? it did 2 builds ago, but I can't get super or regular to run anymore
    boblbobl.zip runs great for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information