Thread: Rumor: Killer 7 Wii Edition

Default Rumor: Killer 7 Wii Edition

Via Kotaku

Is Capcom and Grasshopper Manufacture's psychological horror adventure game Killer 7 getting the Wii port treatment? Capcom of Europe implies such with its Killer 7 listing, hinting that the game originally designed for the GameCube may follow in the path of Resident Evil 4 and shoehorn in waggle control.

While such a listing may simply be an error, it would make a great deal of sense. Killer 7's on-rails gameplay and point-and-shoot action are a good fit for the Wii-remote. Plus, the game would take advantage of the Wii's expanded audience, filling in holes in the console's "mature" category. Still, checking with the usual online retail suspects turns up nothing and recent interviews with Grasshoper honcho Goichi Suda reveal no hints about such a project.

I've got an e-mail in with Capcom to see what they have to say. While this is simply a rumor, something about it smells of truthiness.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

These guys are also making "no more heroes" for the wii. Ahh well, not really looking forward to killer 7 remake.

yet more cube games...

i heard killer7 was a really bad game.
    and that all of the reviews said it was a horrible game.

DCEmu Rookie

Actually the game is quite ok, it is a quite interesting rails shooter.

DCEmu Newbie

OMG!!! That game sucked sooooo bad... I was testing that one for Sony while i worked there. One week at 8 hours a day on that friggen stupid title. Capcom felt soo bad and tried to bribe us by buying the whole floor 30 pizzas.. Didnt work.. the game still sucked. Dont forget to play Killer 8 when you are done!!! SHEESH!!!!
    Sadly there were no bugs and we unfortunately had to let it go to release and enter the market place... (sigh.. sorry people) The worst part was that they gave us a free copy of it afterwards!!!!! I put mine in the Microwave on high for 30 secs... Vengeance is mine!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Accordion View Post
    yet more cube games...
    man you must be really desperate to blast the wii.... this is just a rumor... and even if its true no one will care because no one would buy it.

if you want to make a point then you should blast the games people actually want like SSBB, PBR, Mario Galaxy, Mario Strikers Charged, MP3, BWii i could go on...

Quote Originally Posted by theICE_MAN View Post
    man you must be really desperate to blast the wii.... this is just a rumor...
    no

its just i really really want something to justify my purchase, anda series of ports and IP rips isnt going to do that.

so far:
    twilight princess-cube
    paer mario-cube
    pop-cube
    resi 4-cube
    killer 7 if true-cube
    mercury-psp
    tomb raider-ps2
    etc etc etc

like i said, i want a reason to like the Wii, but port after port with badly realised control methods [waggle to attack, repeat] is not going to do that.

Blog Entries

SSBB, PBR, Mario Galaxy, Mario Strikers Charged, MP3, BWii i could go on...

you brought up 2 maybe 3 games that were really any good. TP and SPM just were taking too long to make so they ported them. do you wish they didnt?

re4, pop, mercury and if true killer 7 are stupid. what is happening is publishers are seeing how great the wii is selling so they're trying to give us crap. its already stopping.

new IP ?

Thread Information