Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: version changer question

DCEmu Newbie

Default version changer question

for version changer. do you put it on psp same way as an emulator? Use Kxploit? and then just click on it in psp to change version?

there isn't a version changer

he's not talking about a downgrader, hes talking about the wab version changer...which i haven't used so i can't be of any help really

Quote Originally Posted by dracox23
    for version changer. do you put it on psp same way as an emulator? Use Kxploit? and then just click on it in psp to change version?
    Yes thats right, but it only works on v1.5 and you must have your charger plugged when you change your firmware.

Default Just use it

You just unzip it or .rar it.
    you don't need to use any tools.
    Just copy both folders to Psp/Game/

When you use it make sure your "yellow charge" light is on
    If your battery is fully charged it will not work "It will tell you to plug your ac adapter in"

I use it and it works prefect.
    I delete the folders after I changed(tricked)My Psp to Firmware version 2.0
    Now it can play everything

oh, oops. sorry

DCEmu Newbie

I read if you use wab version changer, and ever update your firmware, it'll brick your psp. doesnt sound like wab version changer would be good to use then.

I read if you use wab version changer, and ever update your firmware, it'll brick your psp. doesnt sound like wab version changer would be good to use then.
    Can u elaborate on this? Does this happen only if the firmware is set at a diffrent version and then one updates? Or will it brick no matter what, after ones used it once. Also with the version changer, if you set your psp at say 2.0 can u still install homebrew still?

When the WAB version changer is loaded on a version 2.0 PSP, the app runs, shows the PSP logo, then it prompts "the game could not be started" message after the logo disappears. This was done using a kxploit file in a PSP 2.0, seems the folder that corresponds "M1" or "%" runs, but the "M2" or "main homebrew" folder doesn't. Just in case anyone is interested.

I think if you don't set your psp to it's "pre Wab" version number (meaning if it was a 1.50 before WAB), it will brick it.

And yes you can still play homebrews, Namco Museum should not work on my 1.50 PSP because it requires an upgrade to 1.52, but after the WAB version change, it runs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information