Thread: GTA DS Lets You Buy And Sell Weed...And Heroin...And...

Blog Entries

NDS GTA DS Lets You Buy And Sell Weed...And Heroin...And...

Worried that GTA: Chinatown Wars was going to be a watered-down GTA experience? As in, toned down for the kids? No need to worry about that, as it's been revealed that not only do Rockstar have Nintendo's blessing to pitch the game at adults ("They didn’t want us to make a GTA for kids, and we weren’t interested in making a game we wouldn’t normally make), but that the game will let the player buy and sell prohibited narcotics. In a drug-dealing minigame. There's six drugs on offer, all of them real drugs, so if you're one of those strange, insecure types who like to get super-defensive in advance of sensationalist tabloid headlines, now's the time to start ensuring your hackles are raised.

http://kotaku.com/5054549/gta-ds-let...dand-heroinand

DCEmu Newbie

Holy YESS:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Rockstar, you win this round. I might give this game a second look. But I don't know about auto-steering or auto-driving or whatever it was.

I am honestly quite offended. I don't have a problem with the weed whatsoever.
    BUT, having known many close people (including a dear sister who died in her early teens) who have died of Heroin, I can't help but feel kind of sick that there is a GTA that has you selling it. Especially on NDS, which is predominantly a family-friendly system overall.
    Shame on you Rockstar! Selling hard drugs by name in a game doesn't make it mature. It's just distasteful, and another example of pushing the envelope in a bad way. Not cool.
    Call me one of those "strange, insecure types", who likes being "Super-Defensive". It's only because it hits a sore spot for me. I am sure everyone else will just love selling Heroin and Crack on my DS. Just not me.

DCEmu Newbie

HA! Whats a GTA game without controversy.

Now to have it banned in Australia, so I cant play it here, almost like all the other GTA games.

yay!

I'm still holding out for Grand Theft Star Wars myself. The pimps, money, cars, and the like wear thin real quick like! And yes, some people have had hard lives, I've lost people I've known to heroin as well. Not only that but I've known girls who have sold them selves for money, have been $#@!d, etc. For which reason I can't even watch a movie with such elements in it anymore, the stuff just makes me sad, and it's sadder still that people want to harden themselves up against this stuff.

As for weed...

...weed is not even a drug! It's an herb with many positive side effects that ironically just happens to be illegal nearly all around the world.

Lol internet opinions...

DCEmu Pro

I got no problem with the heroin and crack but that crazy weed....Man you can keep it!

Quote Originally Posted by goshogun1 View Post
    I am honestly quite offended. I don't have a problem with the weed whatsoever.
    BUT, having known many close people (including a dear sister who died in her early teens) who have died of Heroin, I can't help but feel kind of sick that there is a GTA that has you selling it. Especially on NDS, which is predominantly a family-friendly system overall.
    Shame on you Rockstar! Selling hard drugs by name in a game doesn't make it mature. It's just distasteful, and another example of pushing the envelope in a bad way. Not cool.
    Call me one of those "strange, insecure types", who likes being "Super-Defensive". It's only because it hits a sore spot for me. I am sure everyone else will just love selling Heroin and Crack on my DS. Just not me.
    i think it's an issue of morality, really. is it morally fair to promote an in a game activity in this way "to make it different" from others? (no issues about the intended console demographic *cough*conkers)

sure, it's a mini-game, and i doubt it'll be vital to the game's mechanics (bin raiding... he he... i've done that), and i personally hope it doesn't state it all over the back coer "GTAS: lets you deal drugs over wifi!)

i dunno, it's a rough spot, and it wouldn't stop me playing the game. but thinking of the issues at heart can make me think twice. sorry about your sister, things like this pain me, whatever the reason.

Haha I'd love to be a drugs baron.

Thread Information