Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Release] Wolfenstein 3D - V6.0 Final - AutoMap + New Loader!

Thumbs up [Release] Wolfenstein 3D - V6.0 Final - AutoMap + New Loader!

Release via the official site : RetroEmu.com

Hey Wolfenstein fans!

So it's finally here. Wolfenstein 3D V6.0!!

Why has the version number skipped from 5.2 to 6.0?
    That is because I always said that 6.0 would be the final version, and this is the final version of Wolfenstein 3D PSP from me

So what's new? What's changed?

Well, one feature a lot of you have been craving is finally implemented (courtesy of Chilly Willy) .. AutoMap. See below screenshot :

A guide on how to use automap is contained inside the download (hint hold Square then press Select To enter/exit automap)

Another new update is to the Game Loader. I have mentioned previously that I wanted to re-write the Game Loader from scratch and make it's theme more fitting with the game.

Well now it is, with a nice clean UI to boot. It also has the song back from the first Game Loader.

See the below screenshot :

The deathscreen. Oh how I loathe it. I worked on it for a few hours and got no-where fast. I may have been working on the wrong place or fixing the wrong code but I got it to work everytime. Except when your facing the guard. Why? I don't know. It works 80% you could say. If your not facing an enemy when you die... the screen will turn red, if you are it won't. If anyone wants to fix this the code is there for you to do so

The only other change is the save file names now (instead of being "y") are saved as the map name you are on. So whatever map you are on, the games save name will adopt that.

Screenshot of new eboot art :
    Thanks to roseRouge and wolverine666 from deviant art (I used there images).

So your leaving?

Nope I am currently (don't get too excited) working on a port of Shadow Warrior to the PSP and my own game. I don't know when either of these will be ready so please don't ask

What now?

Go off and enjoy Wolfenstein 3d/Spear Of Destiny on your PSP!

You may need to install the patch file below for your version of Wolfenstein 3D.

Screenshot of Wolfenstein 3D PSP in action :

Obviously if any new bugs are introduced as a result of this update I will fix them and re-release
    Thanks and enjoy

Download & Give Feedback Via Comments
    Last edited by Zack; May 7th, 2009 at 15:47.
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

DCEmu Rookie

Dude, Congrats!
    Sorry about my disappearance from the scene!
    Recently moved, Family problems, recently dived into the Nintendo DS Scene (Homebrew and other stuff),
    and recently became a Mod on another website (AVS), and other stuff... my life has been a total tornado!
    I'm going to try to come on more often here and your website (and MSN and IRC will be up again starting today). Hopefully we can catch up on a few things and I do apologize for seeming like I deserted you... life finally body slammed me.

Congrats again on your new update/Final. Love what you have done with the new Wolfenstein and Finally it's the way it should have always been on the PSP, you totally did a great job in picking up this originally broken Wolfenstien port and ran with it with style ! This is the first Portable Wolfenstien done right (not even the DS or Pocket PC versions are done as perfect as yours) and I commend you on your work. You are truly one of the greatest FPS porters here on this website.

I'll put a shout out to Chilly Willy for jumping in and helping out so much with this project. Though me and you Zack know that the bulk of the project was done by you, so congratulations on your Victory in conquering the impossible on this Wolfenstien port! If you need a Beta Tester again on any of your projects, give me a ring, I'll try my best to be on more often then I was (doing terribly) before 2009 hit.

Hope things are going great on your end and great job on this again dude, you truly are one of the best Homebrew Devs here of the PSP scene. Now I'm off to have some gaming orgasms while playing the FULL Version of Wolfenstien!

Quote Originally Posted by da1writer View Post
    Dude, Congrats!
    Sorry about my disappearance from the scene!
    Recently moved, Family problems, recently dived into the Nintendo DS Scene (Homebrew and other stuff),
    and recently became a Mod on another website (AVS), and other stuff... my life has been a total tornado!
    I'm going to try to come on more often here and your website (and MSN and IRC will be up again starting today). Hopefully we can catch up on a few things and I do apologize for seeming like I deserted you... life finally body slammed me.

Congrats again on your new update/Final. Love what you have done with the new Wolfenstein and Finally it's the way it should have always been on the PSP, you totally did a great job in picking up this originally broken Wolfenstien port and ran with it with style ! This is the first Portable Wolfenstien done right (not even the DS or Pocket PC versions are done as perfect as yours) and I commend you on your work. You are truly one of the greatest FPS porters here on this website.

I'll put a shout out to Chilly Willy for jumping in and helping out so much with this project. Though me and you Zack know that the bulk of the project was done by you, so congratulations on your Victory in conquering the impossible on this Wolfenstien port! If you need a Beta Tester again on any of your projects, give me a ring, I'll try my best to be on more often then I was (doing terribly) before 2009 hit.

Hope things are going great on your end and great job on this again dude, you truly are one of the best Homebrew Devs here of the PSP scene. Now I'm off to have some gaming orgasms while playing the FULL Version of Wolfenstien!
    Hey great to hear from you man

And yeah will definitely need my trusted tester for the shadow warrior port

Gremlin Interactive

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Hey great to hear from you man

And yeah will definitely need my trusted tester for the shadow warrior port
    Thanks, I already did 3 posts on Retroemu, sad I know but it's a stat at least...
    I'll try my best to do news postings as well if I see/hear anything!

EDIT: Would like to note that I like how the new port is, analog/nub movement is no longer faster than the speed of light (which made it near unplayable), now you merely have to Hold Square while moving to move faster than the speed of light :P! The Death animation is soooo much better than before, in the betas I tried there was no Red Death screen and the last release had a red screen but not this "twirling effect". The automap is a godsend, absolutely awesome! Cheats are still TOO EASY to do (I still like the old combination me and you were fooling around with) but maybe it's fine due to the fact that the game is meant to be fun, even while cheating with God Mode and all weapons !
    Last edited by da1writer; May 7th, 2009 at 17:22.

DCEmu Rookie

Double Post... I know but I wanted to show off the newest Wolfenstien 3D build from Zack !

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by da1writer View Post
    I'll put a shout out to Chilly Willy for jumping in and helping out so much with this project. Though me and you Zack know that the bulk of the project was done by you, so congratulations on your Victory in conquering the impossible on this Wolfenstien port!
    No complaints from me - he DID do the bulk of the work. I just chipped in a few things to make it just a bit better... which is the whole point of open source programming. If you think you can add even just a little, everyone benefits.

Anywho, I'm glad Zack did such a good job on this... it made it the ideal version to work from when I did the 32X port, which is where I did the automap code which then got added back into this version. See how that works?

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by JLF65 View Post
    No complaints from me - he DID do the bulk of the work. I just chipped in a few things to make it just a bit better... which is the whole point of open source programming. If you think you can add even just a little, everyone benefits.

Anywho, I'm glad Zack did such a good job on this... it made it the ideal version to work from when I did the 32X port, which is where I did the automap code which then got added back into this version. See how that works?
    Still extremely glad you helped out though, in the early stages you helped out in fixing the sound problem and up until now have been adding some great additions to the Wolfenstien 3D on PSP, so thanks again! We can all agree that this is the most accurate port of Wolfenstien 3D on any handheld to date ! A big :thumbup: to both of you on your work!

Totally awesome sir. Thx :thumbup:
    Last edited by Nokiaman; May 8th, 2009 at 21:19.

DCEmu Newbie

how do i take wolfenstein from my cp and put it on my psp when ever i do it always says coruptted data or doesnt show up. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kliffy314 View Post
    how do i take wolfenstein from my cp and put it on my psp when ever i do it always says coruptted data or doesnt show up. thanks.
    All the instructions you need are contained in the user guide in the zip file

If that doesn't help... What firmware are you on?

Gremlin Interactive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information