More awesome Pandora News:

Your all waiting for more shiny case pictures, right? Well... we all are.
However, I did make a fault with my last blog post - as the pictures had been released, I assumed the shipment to Michael was on the way. It isn't yet - sorry about that, I was so excited about that myself, I really thought it was on the way.

The reason the cases are not yet on the way to Michael is that one mould still had a problem with the shrinking. What's that, you might ask? Well, due to the big heat and cooling off afterwards, the material shrinks a bit - and if the mould is not perfectly adjusted, it doesn't fit 100% or will look ugly.
To adjust it perfectly it has to be done a bit via a trial and error method: Check where the shrinking occurs, change the mould there, try again, etc.
It's nothing major and no problem at all, it's a normal process in mould creation and shouldn't take more than a couple of days. We're still trying to ship as many as possible before christmas!

I thought I'd just let you know

Back to some got news: The board production is still going fine. Everything is ready for the big run, it looks like there won't be any delay here, yeeha.

As there was a discussion about suspend, etc. going on at the boards: We're working on a temporary solution as REAL suspend to RAM is pretty complicated and will definately take a while. Therefore, we include as much power saving functions as possible to make it similar to suspend. It's basically the same way mobile phones and PDAs do work (they don't suspend, otherwise you couldn't get a phone call). With proper power management, this standby mode should long about 10 days until you need to recharge the battery, so that should be fine enough.
Of course, you can always shut the system down completely so it won't need any more power at all

That's it for today, let's hope the shrinkage will be fixed really soon!

http://www.openpandora.org/index.php...emid=2&lang=en