Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: FrodoDS(c64) page added

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by punking View Post
    When I start up FrodoDS I get the Spring Coding on the top screen and this partially readable message on the bottom
    'Unable to initialize media device.....e!/rd/ROM directory not found!

Yet I've done the following:
    I've got the latest version of FrodoDS and I've created the folder 'rd' in the root of the microSD card. I've placed Beach Head and Dropzone in the directory. I'm using R4.

Am I missing something? Thanks.
    The newest version of FrodoDS has an folder named rd right in the archive. It contains some important config files and 1541,basic, kernal, and char. You should just copy it over and get rid of the snaphots, but worry about getting it working first.
    So extract all the files over to the root of your card, patch FrodoDS with your DLDI patch and it should work. Sometimes you need to select the disk twice.

some links
    http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI...oads/r4tf.dldi
    http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI...-win32-gui.zip

so attached newest frodods just in case.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by crookedmouth View Post
    The newest version of FrodoDS has an folder named rd right in the archive. It contains some important config files and 1541,basic, kernal, and char. You should just copy it over and get rid of the snaphots, but worry about getting it working first.
    So extract all the files over to the root of your card, patch FrodoDS with your DLDI patch and it should work. Sometimes you need to select the disk twice.

some links
    http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI...oads/r4tf.dldi
    http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI...-win32-gui.zip

so attached newest frodods just in case.
    For the highest games compatibility the best FRodo is "FrodoDS21507". I have make a lot of tests with my supercard sd.

Quote Originally Posted by stefanor View Post
    For the highest games compatibility the best FRodo is "FrodoDS21507". I have make a lot of tests with my supercard sd.
    the FrodoDS30507.zip is the better version, you just aren't configuring it correctly, you can set the preference file to match the older version exactly unless someone else can detail whats wrong?

Thanks,
    Troy(GPF)

DCEmu Newbie

So far the SNAPSHOTS work perfectly, however I have ran across something I dont see documented.

Multiple KEY presses.

In 1 Game "Little computer People" you have to hold down CTRL and then press different keys, like W (water) R (record) P - (phone) and so forth.

How is this accomplished on FrodoDS?

Harm|

DCEmu Newbie

Hi Harmonis,

Frodo DS's keyboard code needs a bit of work. The CLR/HOME key for instance is not assigned correctly.

Additionally, it can't distinguish left from right-Shift and does not properly detect, if a key is held, i. e. once a key is pressed, the code only sends a short pulse, so to say.

For most applications this is not a problem though.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Re-Write

Quote Originally Posted by gho View Post
    Hi Harmonis,

Frodo DS's keyboard code needs a bit of work. The CLR/HOME key for instance is not assigned correctly.

Additionally, it can't distinguish left from right-Shift and does not properly detect, if a key is held, i. e. once a key is pressed, the code only sends a short pulse, so to say.

For most applications this is not a problem though.

So only way would be to re-code the keyboard routine to fix these issues, and add this functionality?

Is the keyboard source available? I'd be interested in messing with it.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by GPF View Post
    the FrodoDS30507.zip is the better version, you just aren't configuring it correctly, you can set the preference file to match the older version exactly unless someone else can detail whats wrong?

Thanks,
    Troy(GPF)
    Hello GPF,
    (excuse me for my english)
    If i use 21507 version many more games are loaded if you press the right trigger. In this version the keys f1.f8 are programmed with load, list, etc. It seems me music is more faithful. You can help me to configure better the 30597 version? I have not been able to make work games with 2 or more floppies, it can be made?

Thanks and excuse for the many questions.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonis View Post
    So only way would be to re-code the keyboard routine to fix these issues, and add this functionality?

Is the keyboard source available? I'd be interested in messing with it.
    Hey Harmonis, better keyboard routines would be great. Troy has some old sources here:
    http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk/Frodoc64.shtml

You should also do some research regarding PETSCII and the way the original Frodo author implemented the keyboard routines. Too tough for me.

Hi,

i installed the latest Frodo DS version, but when i select a d64 image, i can't open it. I always get device not present errors from the c64. can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance
    Sven

DCEmu Pro

Did you DLDI patch it for your device?
    Select the rom twice.

Thread Information