Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: DS Doom Released

Quote Originally Posted by Zarigis
    -sweet-
    Can't wait to get some fellow homebrewers together and give multiplayer a try.
    Me and another homebrewer DID try it...dsDOOM connected to my IP but sends and recieves packets endlessly. It just won't connect to the server.
    EDIT:Turns out it's just not connecting to my access point VIA WFC data. Yes yes, I've set it up, and I've never had an app not be able to connect with my WFC.

DCEmu Newbie

Hello, great game!
    I also have an idea for a new game: Zatacka (Achtund die Kurve) Its a wonderful pc game that can be more perfect for ds.
    http://www.achtung-die-kurve.com
    Here you can try an online remake version of the game (From bottom it was a dos game) Please make a game out of this its just so fun!!!

do it work on g6 card???
    I got a "checkIWAD: IWAD tag /doom.wad not present"

...why!

Me and another homebrewer DID try it...dsDOOM connected to my IP but sends and recieves packets endlessly. It just won't connect to the server.
    EDIT:Turns out it's just not connecting to my access point VIA WFC data. Yes yes, I've set it up, and I've never had an app not be able to connect with my WFC.

Forward/open your server port on your router/AP

Greetz

Quote Originally Posted by seriousken
    do it work on g6 card???
    I got a "checkIWAD: IWAD tag /doom.wad not present"

...why!

Where'd you exactly put all the files?
    What version of DSDOOM?
    And did you rename a commercial version or shareware version WAD to doom.wad and place it with the other files?

(please let me know , mine always crashed @ intel graph.)

DCEmu Newbie

Cant get this to work on my SD Lite card, have put all the files in the root dir, and renamed the wad file, put still doesnt work, just get the message 'Survived graphics init'. Any suggestions?

DCEmu Newbie

Has anyone been able to get this to work on an m3 with mini sd? My friend and I both can't get ours to work. All we get is "survived graphics init." Then nothing happens.

DCEmu Newbie

Nice work i have a supercard and it work very good, i can play with doom.wad, doom2.wad,ultimate doom.wad, blood.wad, Goldeneye.wad, plutonia.wad and tnt.wad.

I have one .nds for each .wad, just edit with an hexadecimal editor and change the second doom.wad by name of other, just one rule : the filename must have four letter like doom.wad ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Reppa
    Nice work i have a supercard and it work very good, i can play with doom.wad, doom2.wad,ultimate doom.wad, blood.wad, Goldeneye.wad, plutonia.wad and tnt.wad.

I have one .nds for each .wad, just edit with an hexadecimal editor and change the second doom.wad by name of other, just one rule : the filename must have four letter like doom.wad ^^
    Reppa could you explain this a bit more?, i've never used any editors or even used Doom downloads before, but i'd love to have multiple versions on DS so i dont have to keep swapping what wad i have on my SD

Quote Originally Posted by chemical
    Reppa could you explain this a bit more?, i've never used any editors or even used Doom downloads before, but i'd love to have multiple versions on DS so i dont have to keep swapping what wad i have on my SD
    Simple. Open up the DSDOOM.NDS in any hex editor and find the DOOM.WAD string as shown in the attached photo. Edit that to something like ULTI.WAD and rename the WAD file itself to ULTI.WAD and then "SAVE AS" the newly-edited DSDOOM.NDS file to something else like ULTI_DOOM.NDS and copy over to flashcart and run.
    Make sure the renamed WAD files are in the root of the flashcard. Then when you want to run any other WAD, just select the file you hex-edited to auto-run that particular WAD.
    I do wish they would hurry up with a WAD selector though...604k for each .NDS file is kind of a waste.
    Don't ask me what hex editor I used, I'm on Mac OS X and used 0xED.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information