Thread: The Guitar Hero III controller broken down (literally)

Rev The Guitar Hero III controller broken down (literally)

via Nintendo Wii Fanboy

Many of our commenters have wondered how the Wiimote fits into the Guitar Hero III controller, and, more generally, what the benefit is of sticking the Wiimote in there. IGN has answered the questions in their latest Guitar Hero III writeup, which includes pictures detailing the guitar's design.

The most obvious new feature in the guitar is its portability. The controller's neck can be removed, making it much easier to fit into a backpack or suitcase. The other noticeable feature, the Wiimote-shaped hole, is actually not the point of access for the remote. Instead, a removable door on the back of the guitar allows you to plug in your Wiimote, with a little indentation provided for balling up and stuffing the wrist strap.

The Wiimote actually does more in the guitar than just broadcast your Nintendo fandom: it provides the wireless connection capability and motion-sensing Star Power activation for which the other GH guitars have their own hardware. Exclusive to the Wii version, powered by the Wiimote, is force feedback-- the guitar rumbles along to the beat, just like a real guitar.

The Wii game, developed by Vicarious Visions, will have all the same songs as the next-gen versions, and will run in widescreen at 480p. It looks fine, and graphics really don't matter in Guitar Hero (who has time to look at them?) Apparently it'll have some kind of online mode, but the exact implementation has yet to be revealed.

The Wii version of Guitar Hero III actually looks like it might end up being a solid purchase-- if the rumored Wii Rock Band release doesn't happen.

It looks pretty good. I know without a doubt guitar hero 3 will be a great game. But I still wonder how it will work on the wii.

Nice! I'll be getting this for sure :thumbup:

I can't wait for this game!!

I really hope they have downloadable songs like the Xbox 360 version. Some Online play wouldn't be bad either.

DCEmu Regular

Wii version better than X360 and PS3. No doubt.

Thread Information