Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ComicBookDS V3.0

Blog Entries

NDS ComicBookDS V3.0

Comic Book DS is now updated to v3.0, heres whats new:

3.0 (09/09/2007):
    New: WIFI mode created. The books from http://cbds.free.fr/ can be consulted directly on the DS thanks to the WIFI connexion.
    (The next big images are downloaded in background while viewing the current ones).
    New: New look of the different screens (many thanks to FA for this nice design)
    New: Theme support: Sounds, Colors, Backgrounds, Icons and Sprites can be changed. All the theme content is placed in the "/cbds/Theme" folder.
    New: Quicker file scan (new restriction : all .cbds, .ini and theme files must be placed in the "cbds" root folder. Sub-folders are still handled).
    New: Improved change page trigger (using the one key navigation feature) : instead of an exact page side match, an average is used (1/3 of the visible area by default), to trigger or not a page change.
    New: Display of a notification icon before a page change. A second key press is then now necessary (this feature can be deactivated in .ini file).
    New: More configuration available in ini file (avoid blinking, initial brightness, scrollincrementX,scrollincrementY,start key configurable ...).
    New: Slightly better reactivity , preempting and error handling. Small bug fixes and improvements.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Rookie

This is awesome!
    I thought this won't have any improvement, since this was already good.

DCEmu Rookie

i agree, the new feature has made me try the app out.

my favourite homebrew app next to ds organize

DCEmu Newbie

I hope it'll work on my mac, though. I can never open the .sh program.

DCEmu Coder

I have to admit this is the first time I've tried this homebrew and it's excellent! Although I am wondering if it's totally legal to redistribute some of these comics without the owners consent.

DCEmu Rookie

Like some of the other people here, this new WiFi feature is what made me try it out and it's awesome! I was wondering if you could make it support webcomics via RSS or something. That would be amazing. Maybe I'll try my hand at coding something, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny_Jim View Post
    I have to admit this is the first time I've tried this homebrew and it's excellent! Although I am wondering if it's totally legal to redistribute some of these comics without the owners consent.
    pfftt... i scan my own comics - i paid good money for them and i don't want them bent when i'm out or something... besides, comics don't glow in the dark

DCEmu Coder

wiggy fuzz: I was referring to the Wifi content, which includes some Garfield cartoons. It seems it's being shutdown now anyway according to the main site.

Crap, that sucks. Wonder why it's getting shut down. I've downloaded the latest versions of CBDS and PicToDS as an archive at least.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information