Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jam Sessions

Blog Entries

NDS Jam Sessions

Released today at Import Store Play Asia

features
    Use the Nintendo DS to make music just as you would with a real guitar, while experiencing authentic, remastered sound modeled after an actual acoustic guitar.
    Free-play design allows users to learn and play ANY song ever played using an acoustic guitar. What you play is entirely up to you.
    Play and sing songs from some of today and yesterday’s most popular artists with accompanying chords and lyrics actually built into the title.
    Not a Musician? No problem. Advanced tutorial modes allow novice musicians to learn how to play guitar without paying for lessons!
    Jam Sessions is basically a pocket guitar for artists to write, play AND save original music … anytime, anywhere thus making it a virtual notepad.
    Controls can be adjusted for both left-handed and right-handed musicians, up and down strokes can be swapped to a players’ preference.
    A built-in effects processor lets players add reverb, chorus, low/high pass, tremolo and more to customize the sound; un-lockable backgrounds for performing well in Performance and Training modes.

description
    Jam Sessions™ is a ground-breaking music experience that transforms the Nintendo DS™ system into a portable guitar. Players will literally strum the guitar via the Touch Screen and select chords with the +Control Pad. Now even the most “non-musical” person to become an instant rock star!

The portability of the DS system makes Jam Sessions a concert-on-the-go, perfect for parties, commuting to school/work and other social gatherings.

Jam Sessions will appeal to a wide audience of music lovers and creative souls; it’s definitely a must-have for all Nintendo DS owners.

id get this to mess around with the amp it comes with.

DCEmu Newbie

The amp bundle wont be out for awhile yet. Beyond that, with the right cabling, you could hook it up to a standard guitar amp if you have one lying around. I've done this and the sound is nice.

-Seven7-

DCEmu Rookie

Finally, a use for that crappy thumb stylus thing that came bundled with my screen protectors!

This looks like it could be a good game shame I can't try it out first.

DCEmu Newbie

definitely a must-have for all Nintendo DS owners.
    lol, what - every last one of them?

I think its really lame that the sound of the chord totally cuts out (doesnt even fade out) when you change to strum a different chord. Smells like bad homebrew.. yet its in the shops. Hmm.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by RowaN View Post
    lol, what - every last one of them?

I think its really lame that the sound of the chord totally cuts out (doesnt even fade out) when you change to strum a different chord. Smells like bad homebrew.. yet its in the shops. Hmm.
    How is that lame? When you change to strum a different chord on say, an electric guitar for example, unless you've got equipment set up specifically to do otherwise, it mutes out the previous chord anyway. And i'm not sure what that "bad homebrew" comment is supposed to mean.

If you don't like it, then you don't like it. Fine. I'm just not sure how fair this particular comment is...

-Seven7-

Pretty good game, fun to mess around with.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven7 View Post
    The amp bundle wont be out for awhile yet. Beyond that, with the right cabling, you could hook it up to a standard guitar amp if you have one lying around. I've done this and the sound is nice.

-Seven7-
    i know.
    ive hooked my ds up to a normal amp.
    i just think it would be fun to walk around with one of those small amps.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kcajblue View Post
    i know.
    ive hooked my ds up to a normal amp.
    i just think it would be fun to walk around with one of those small amps.
    Ok, yeah, I couldn't debate that

-Seven7-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information