Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSP Dosbox (early beta) Released

Blog Entries

Thumbs up PSP Dosbox (early beta) Released

Crazy C has given me the go ahead to publically announce the release of his port of Dosbox v0.60 to the PSP, heres some info about Dosbox:

DOSBox emulates a full x86 pc with sound and dos. It's main use is to run old dosgames on platforms which don't have dos.

Heres what Crazy C posted about this release:

This patch, when applied to dosbox 0.60 and linked with these library functions, arwin's p-sprint and SDL (with 8-bit surface patch), gets dosbox running on the psp. Later versions use an array too large to fit in the PSP memory for indexing memory pages while this version has high level emulation of dpmi. I've tested simcity 2000 and tie fighter and they run although very slowly, a lot of optimization will be need if this will be usable. Note that stat fails if the root of the memory stick is what is being checked therefore it cannot be mounted. Mounting ms0:/psp works fine though. Also there is currently no mouse or joystick support.

Download Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspdosbox.shtml

Thanks to Guyfawkes for making the eboot and Crazy C for another great PSP release.

Pretty cool. I got just past the title screen on police quest, I'm gonna try hugo's house of horrors next. I use dosbox quite often, and this would be a wonderful app if it progressed enough, with mouse support, an on-screen keyboard, and remappable keys. Very promising!

Blog Entries

i wonder if there are any freeware (meaning 100% legal games) that we could chuck in with this and make a release that auto starts that one game.

tis cool though

Put a text adventure on there, cause there's not going to be too many games you can control with psprint.It'll be some practice for psprint. Actually, I'm going to install Zork... Is it freeware?

This would rock if it ran at a decent speed and had mapable keys and a software keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by parabolee
    This would rock if it ran at a decent speed and had mapable keys and a software keyboard.
    heh, mabey next version? Id like to see how this guy zork too.

This is great but I hope the speed will improve in newer versions. If you want legal free games check out www.abandonia.com

Default entering commands

At the risk of being called a total noob I have to ask how the **** do I type at the prompt. All i get is random s, x o and slash's with button presses. Can someone please help me.

DCEmu Newbie

Default change directory and run exe

How can i type some specific words withe directional key?
    thx.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information