Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DCEmulation Vs DCEmulation - The Battle of the Dreamcast Scene

Quote Originally Posted by quzar View Post
    Imagine if instead of posting news here, wraggster only visited the network to post advertisements. That's basically what was going on with DCEmulation. The owner of the site, who had been last active maybe 7 years ago, had been using the site as an ad revenue due to the traffic that came through it. The people who had been running the site all this time finally got fed up with it and decided to cede. The only people left are some brand new users and a few people who had previously been banned (because in order to try to get more users, the owner cleared all the banned lists).

Wraggster's characterisation of the issue is designed to promote THIS DCEmu by saying that both sides in the above dispute are in the wrong, when that's simply not true. I can understand this notion, but it's most definetly colored by the fact that he split off from DCEmulation 4 years ago.

The situation is much closer to if wraggster were to move hosts, and martin decided to put up a backup of the DCEmu forums and site and claim that wraggster was a traitor and his site was the true one.
    Then it sounds (putting it simply) that the webmaster at the .com is a total as*hole. Then my heart goes out to the .org. May I ask who the DCEmulation webmaster is(or was, as it may be...)?

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblind View Post
    Then it sounds (putting it simply) that the webmaster at the .com is a total as*hole. Then my heart goes out to the .org. May I ask who the DCEmulation webmaster is(or was, as it may be...)?
    His name is Sean Bryant aka 007Cheatah.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Regular

Ooooh...online drama! *grabs popcorn*

Seriously, the whole thing is kinda childish but I understand. A long time ago I used to go to the .com site. It was great! As of late though before this all happened I could tell it was just a place to get revenue from ads. I'm kind of glad to see it has moved.

DCEmu Rookie

they both need to stfu. Who cares about who has one website or another. I know kids that act more responsibly than these people. really dont care bout whats happening and it really is such a trivial matter that it shouldnt have even been posted.

Ofcourse the .org team should win, I mean, those are the real people^^ No one goes on a website which should be about homebrew to read lots of advertises... Maybe these people should join dcemu^^ They could code and share there projects here, or help developing the uncomplete Beta Stuff here. And wtf? The database consist of stuff the visitors/developers did, and not the Webmaster^^ They are just moving their own stuff, not?

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Moose View Post
    I don't understand. What's going on?
    7+ years of silliness, my friend. Truly, these people have nothing else to do with their time.

Persecutor, Rescuer and Victim.....damn, who's who here? Still, I have to side with 007Cheetah on this. Guy did some douche bag type stuff back in the day, but it is his site, no? Then again, I don't know the full story this time around nor do I think I want to know.

I'm going back into my hole.

edit: gosh, I actually took the time to read some of what's going on. Really, drama over this? 7+ years of silliness. Everyone got what they deserved in this situation because you all knew what you were dealing with. What am I saying? Some from Consolevision went back to DCEmulation after they left DCEmulation for the same reason: 007Cheater. Guess some people never learn. For a douche bag, I still think 007Cheater will rise from the ashes again...somehow. You guys are f'ing with his money.

Internet drama. Grab a tub of buttered down popcorn. Then again, maybe this show is over. Doubt it, we'll be here 6 years from now saying the same thing, and 007Cheater will still be turning you tricks out.
    Last edited by WHurricane16; April 3rd, 2008 at 04:14.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by WHurricane16 View Post
    7+ years of silliness, my friend. Truly, these people have nothing else to do with their time.

Persecutor, Rescuer and Victim.....damn, who's who here? Still, I have to side with 007Cheetah on this. Guy did some douche bag type stuff back in the day, but it is his site, no? Then again, I don't know the full story this time around nor do I think I want to know.

I'm going back into my hole.

edit: gosh, I actually took the time to read some of what's going on. Really, drama over this? 7+ years of silliness. Everyone got what they deserved in this situation because you all knew what you were dealing with. What am I saying? Some from Consolevision went back to DCEmulation after they left DCEmulation for the same reason: 007Cheater. Guess some people never learn. For a douche bag, I still think 007Cheater will rise from the ashes again...somehow. You guys are f'ing with his money.

Internet drama. Grab a tub of buttered down popcorn. Then again, maybe this show is over. Doubt it, we'll be here 6 years from now saying the same thing, and 007Cheater will still be turning you tricks out.
    This news post is incredibly sensationalized. There is no "battle." The entire site simply moved to a new domain and host, without Cheatah. When respected staff members start getting banned, action is needed. You can see it as silly net drama if you like, but no one asked for this to be publicized, and certainly not in the manner here. And by the way, 007Cheater is gone now, so it doesn't matter. I grew up with the community at DCEmu and I wasn't going to let it implode.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information