Port of the excellent Doom prettying software that is Doom Legacy, note that Legacy doesnt give 3D monsters thats the Doomsday engine this one gives it nice 3D bits using opengl & so forth. Heres what you need to know (from the nfo):
This is an early version of a port of Doom Legacy v1.42
I wanted to get a proper release done by now, but I haven't had time, so I
decided to release a version as it is, as a present to the scene.
The work was started by lantus, who had partially ported an older legacy version.
He kindly passed the work he had done over to me, I used that as a basis for porting
the more recent v1.42 - So big props to lantus for kicking the whole project off.
As stated above - this is a pre-alpha release. Lots of stuff isn't implemented yet
and there may well be a lot that doesn't work properly.
Please be aware of this and don't expect it to be perfect!
That being said, there is plenty that does work, including....
- All Doom games should work (Doom, Doom II, Ultimate Doom and Final Doom)
- Heretic works (Hexen isn't supported in this version of Doom Legacy)
- Two player split screen works
- Network play should work
- IWAD files shown in launcher can be adding to/changing by editing the wads\iwads.xml file
- XBOX specific in game options, including control setups
- Video mode can be set/changed from Doom Legacy options
This should be enough information to get you up and playing. I don't want to go into too much
detail as this is a very, very early version so things are liable to change in the future.
As always with Xbox releases you'll have to get it from the usual places as theres no dl link