Thread: Where have all the NesterDC themes gone?

Default Where have all the NesterDC themes gone?

Hey hey.

I decided to buy a used DC last week and get myself back into the homebrew/emulation-on-a-tv-screen groove once again. It's been a couple years since I had a DC before with some nice burns of SMEG and NesterDC. But now I see that the scene is still thriving (moreso than before???) which is a nice breath of fresh air for me.

But unfortunately I don't see any sites that are devoted to NesterDC skins anymore. What happened? Is NesterDC now obsolete? Is there something I'm missing here?

Oh well. If push comes to shove, I'll just come up with some nifty themes myself.

NesterDC is far from obsolete... it's still the best NES emulator availible on the Dreamcast, and Scherzo (the maker of the emulator) is making a new version of the emu called NesterDC SE (for Special Edition). It will have screenshots and title screen shots for every game, a FAQ guide from GameFAQs for every game, and tons of other wonderful features packed right into the SBI file. He's even taking suggestions from people on what should be included in the emu on the dcemulation.com message boards.

But to answer your main question... I have no clue where all the NesterDC themes are located these days. NesterDC SE has a nice looking theme built into it though (I think you can even customize the colors). You might just want to wait for it to come out.

Heres a site i just found yesterday but its pretty old so there is going to be some pretty dead links but there is some still alive.

http://www.consolevision.com/members.../buttons2.html

Eric

Awesome. I look forward to it.

Well, I guess you knew it already but I thought I should post it here anyway, maybe it's helpful for others searching for NesterDC themes:

The DreamEmulation Project: NES Edition we released yesterday contains six different menu themes and a selector to choose them at start-up. Most of the themes have been created specially for this release! For more info please head over to the newspost here:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...ewpost&t=10365

Thread Information