Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy IV coming to North America ... maybe

NDS Final Fantasy IV coming to North America ... maybe

via Joystiq

Role-playing fans can slip on their dancing shoes and party like it's 1991. A new interview with Final Fantasy IV director Takashi Tokita in the latest Nintendo Power seems to point to the game's recent DS remake being localized for North American audiences. Oh sure, he doesn't come right out and confirm the localization -- where's the drama in that? -- but given that the article comes peppered with English language screens and the game itself is featured on the cover, we're certainly leaning towards believing that the RPG will soon be getting some domestic love.

Tokita also toys with our emotions, speaking to the possibility of a remake of SNES RPG classic Chrono Trigger provided "the demand is great enough." Though like coming down hard off a caffeine high, he sends us crashing back down to earth by adding that he really wants to "create new titles and not just series installments and remakes." Yours is a cruel love, mon cher.

This is great news. But why a Crono Trigger remake over SMRPG? There is clearly a higher demand of SMRPG than Crono Trigger. Don't get me wrong, it was a great game...but....

Yeah, I perfer Chrono Trigger remake. We already have a Final Fantasy IV remake on GBA.

DCEmu Pro

ummm... first of all, i agree with jkkdark. why remake it for the ds when its on GBA, and secondly, just because it had english screen shots doesn't necessarily mean its coming to north america...

C_H_R_O_N_O___T_R_I_G_G_E_R

Plus, who cares about this crapy DS console? Psh. GBA FTW.

DCEmu Newbie

FF4 was my second game ever so I'm a little bit biased towards it. I have actually been waiting for the new remake since it was first announced for Japan, and the fact the the FF3 remake was so good it excited me all the more. Square would be stupid to not release it here. All they have to do is translate the new text and make the cartridges, the game is already made, and several translations already exist.

Still, I wish Square would make a new 2D RPG on the GBA in the vein of classic FF or Chrono Trigger. They were the best in the 16-bit era, but unlike Nintendo which basks in their old-schoolness Square just seems to keep finding new ways to screw things up.

DCEmu Newbie

Totally agree with krakenx. They would be stupid not to release it here. The costs would be minimal and there is already going to be a guaranteed level of sales simply due to the fan base. FFIV DS and Starcraft 2 are the only games I'm really looking forward to this year.

aw yes! Chrono Trigger remake! I'd love to play that one with a remake of the soundtrack... i still haven't finished the snes verson though...I should get back to it sometime.

I thought they had decided not to publish Nintendo Power anymore last year sometime?

Well if it was on the cover, then I'd say it is coming to America, unless it was not on the cover the the American mag or something.

As for a remake of FFIV, might as well. I'd like to see it in 3D as I was impressed with the FFIII remake which I prefer to the Famicom orignal.

Of course SMRPG would be grand, but I don't see why they don't 3Dify the FULL Japanese version of FFVI, or hell, better yet, port part 7 over and get it over with!

DCEmu Newbie

If they bothered to translate some of the game into English already, it's pretty safe to bet that it'd be coming to NA as it's the largest English language market.

SMRPG: Why would anyone bother to remake that?

Chrono Trigger: would be nice to see.

I'd also like to see DS ports of all the Dragonquest games, I - VIII.

More games like Etrian Odyssey and Mazes of Fate would be nice as well, possibly Eye of the Beholder 2, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information